When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Prada Sunglasses...

jimbo

well in my country there are a lot of rep sunglasses to buy...also good quality ones...they cost around 20$...

i bought last year the gucci and the armani...this year i wanna buy myself a gen ones...and to be precise...PRADA...they cost around 180€! and that is a lot!

well, seen rep of them but i don't like them like the origi ones...who knows why!

on the net, i've never seen new edition sunglasses rep...only rep but of older models...the new ones i've seen on e-bay...but they were sold as genuine one! so be careful!

Ken. I think RWG1 Offtopic covered about rep sunglasses before. It boiled down to the point of safety issue.

Are those rep sunglasses come with true UV blockers? Are they safe for eyes? In China, replica vaccines were given to public leading to multiple death. Timepiece is one thing but about eyes? (Of course, if you can get proper UV lenses and fitted to the rep frame, maybe...). Regardless, there are certain invisible elements from materials (ie. aniline dye from clothes- one from china) can cause cancer and more.

Just my 2cc. :)

Hey guy's I'm no dealer, however if someone wants to deal in them I know a source, one question I'm not sure of though, can wearing bad sunglasses do more damage to you eyes than wearing no sunglasses?

Ken

Just to tack on a point to the sensible safety issue - of course, not everyone lives somewhere very sunny. Some folk wear sunglasses indoors and at night - I don't think they pick Prada for driving or flying a helicopter.

If you're in Australia, for example, you need polarised sunglasses - especially for driving at certain times of day (a fatwa on silver cars!). You need them less so for an indoor shopping mall.

They're fashion accessories is what I'm saying - so rep sunglasses can be good from that point of view.

And, of course, if you're buying a lady glasses to get laid - damaging her eyesight may actually help you :lol:

Hey guy's I'm no dealer, however if someone wants to deal in them I know a source, one question I'm not sure of though, can wearing bad sunglasses do more damage to you eyes than wearing no sunglasses?

Ken

Yep,bad sunglasses do more damage. In the dark eye's pupil is bigger,in the sun - like point,to prevent eye nerves etc. When sunglasses don't have good UV filter, UV rays scorch eye,damage level depending of sun activity and how dark lenses are.Fake sunglasses,tyres,condoms - bad way to save money... :blink:

Yep,bad sunglasses do more damage. In the dark eye's pupil is bigger,in the sun - like point,to prevent eye nerves etc. When sunglasses don't have good UV filter, UV rays scorch eye,damage level depending of sun activity and how dark lenses are.Fake sunglasses,tyres,condoms - bad way to save money... :blink:

This is a good explanation of the UV issue, cheers. Should add as well that if UV is what you are concerned about the design of the glasses is relevant too - they need to protect the sides.

I must admit that I tend to use sunglasses to avoid glare more than anything else; have never felt the need to try fake tyres or fake condoms though :lol:

The prices are including shipping.

Can I get them in to the country and do I guaranteed delivery?..........Ha........All I would do is arrange a direct drop ship, I personally wont go near the bloody things :)

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Ken

These days most sunglasses, reps or not, protect the eyes just as good as gen ones. I have some DKNY and D&G gens and a few reps (rayban etc.) and I don't see any huge differences.

Award

What amazes me is here in Australia all sunglasses regardless of cost must pass Australian standards of 100% UV block, yet we can still buy cheap $5 glasses, in fact I have a pretty good pair actually purchased from the Anti Cancer Council that only cost $10, so to conform with this ruling obviously doesn't cost the manufacturer very much so why don't the rep makers simply make sure their glasses are in fact up to standard?

Ken

I have this sunglasses all gens

Oakley Spike Black Polarised

Prada

Oakley Spike Ti

Plus many more Gucci,Oxydo,Imatra and Police plus more :Jumpy:

Crasy eyyy :D ..Around 1200-1500$in sunglasses:doh:

I have pics of some of them

72002-32343.jpg

Cheers,

Dani