When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How To Remove The Caseback Of A Panerai?

thomasng

I read this from some genius here, but I forget who that person is...

whomever you are.. I thank you.. Twice .. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If you are at home.. don't want to go out.. and need a {possible way}

to open your panerai,..or any watch, and have already ruined your kids super bounce

balls,..Go into the kitchen and look for some rubber gloves..

If your wife is petit.. and you are the opposite, this may not work.. also depends

upon the thickness of the gloves...

But if you happen to find a pair,.. can squeeze them on.. Great.. the tighter the better,

{without breaking them}...

If you have gained this space... after removing the band from the watch..

pick up your watch... crystal facing out.. thumbs on the caseback... use your finger-tips to obtain

tight purchase and apply force with both your thumb-pads in the counter-clock-wise direction..

Keep in mind that it can take strength.. don't hurt your hands.. but apply as much pressure

as possible... it may take many tries.. maybe 20.. but sooner or later the caseback will

move .. once that happens.. it only takes a few turns to get it off...

Have since ordered a cane-tip opener.. hasn't arrived yet but I hope with it I will be able

to apply muscle with tool to get to just about every watch I own,. no matter the brand,

scratch-less !

Good luck ! ^_^

pipe wrench is WAY easier than any other method... i tried duct tape, rubber gloves... all didnt really work out for me, but the pipe wrench did!

for rolexes i do the following:

i use the HOT-glue pistol and put a drop of HOT glue on the caseback and then press a piece of wood on the glue which is on the caseback. you have to hold it till the glue cools down and is sticky. then just turn and open it. after you're done, simple put the caseback back on (leave it on the wood stick!!!) and then simply remove the wood stick from the caseback, once you screwd it back on the case (hold the watchcase in your hand and press the woodstick upwards)

pipe wrench is WAY easier than any other method... i tried duct tape, rubber gloves... all didnt really work out for me, but the pipe wrench did!

for rolexes i do the following:

i use the HOT-glue pistol and put a drop of HOT glue on the caseback and then press a piece of wood on the glue which is on the caseback. you have to hold it till the glue cools down and is sticky. then just turn and open it. after you're done, simple put the caseback back on (leave it on the wood stick!!!) and then simply remove the wood stick from the caseback, once you screwd it back on the case (hold the watchcase in your hand and press the woodstick upwards)

These are not big enough for 47mm PAMs

Mod the tool. We make all those mods to our watches, why not on the tools used to work on them?

That case opening tool works on most 44 mm Luminors and may or may not work on the 45 mm Radiomirs. Unmodified they'll almost certainly not work on the 47 mm PAMs. However, you can make the slot longer and grind another slot to hold the screw in place and you can get them to work on very large watches.