When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modded PO - Oh What A Difference A Dial Makes

Watchmeister

Just got back my PO back from The Zigmeister. Mods include gen dial, crown and tube and relume. IMHO, the dial makes a huge difference. Needless to say The Zigmeister did a masterful job of matching the hands and pearl to the dial.

Pics:

2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

WOW! Awesome, Kruzer00...

Kru, that LOOKS like a GEN. AMAZING what The Zigmeister can do. You are a very lucky doggy. Wear it well, my friend!

EDIT: I tend to target fat crowns now. And that crown is flawless. Saw a guy at a restaurant on Saturday, as we were awaiting to be seated. He came up and almost parked his GMT II Pepsi in my face. I didn't have to look hard, even if his wrist was turned away and I didn't see the dial closely. Skinny crown, bad bracelet looking stiff. Rep...

I really would like to know how the crown got installed on that watch. I have a gen crown and tube, and was impossible to install The rep case does not have a thread on the case for the tube, the tube goes in by push the in and glue with epoxy. I was thinking that maybe using something liquid metal I believe when it dry is hard as steel use this to cover the hole and dry a new hole and use a tap. The gen tube also is skinnier.

Please The Zigmeister show how is done.

Bye the way that PO looks fantastic, amazing job.

Kru, that LOOKS like a GEN. AMAZING what The Zigmeister can do. You are a very lucky doggy. Wear it well, my friend!

EDIT: I tend to target fat crowns now. And that crown is flawless. Saw a guy at a restaurant on Saturday, as we were awaiting to be seated. He came up and almost parked his GMT II Pepsi in my face. I didn't have to look hard, even if his wrist was turned away and I didn't see the dial closely. Skinny crown, bad bracelet looking stiff. Rep...

Not without a gen or AR crystal it doesn't ;) That is the must-have feature IMO.

Very nice work though, but one question Kruzer - how's the date window-wheel gap? I had heard it was very slight but noticeable, although I had to look closely in your pics, but it is there.

p.s VB - fat crowns? pepsi GMT II? It's MEANT to have a skinny 6mm twinlock :D

- how's the date window-wheel gap? I had heard it was very slight but noticeable, although I had to look closely in your pics, but it is there.

Since I assembled it, I'll add my input.

There is no gap between the datewheel and the dial, no more so than you would have on the genuine watch.

You have the movement, the dial spacer, and then the dial, the same as on the gen. There is always a gap between the dial and the datewheel, otherwise the datewheel would hang up. But installing the genuine dial, does not add a larger gap between it and the datewheel.

Another rumour put to rest :)

RG

Since I assembled it, I'll add my input.

There is no gap between the datewheel and the dial, no more so than you would have on the genuine watch.

You have the movement, the dial spacer, and then the dial, the same as on the gen. There is always a gap between the dial and the datewheel, otherwise the datewheel would hang up. But installing the genuine dial, does not add a larger gap between it and the datewheel.

Another rumour put to rest :)

RG

Rob, think we may have got some wires crossed here.

I'm not talking about depth - the space between DW/movt and dial. I'm talking about the gap between the edge of the UPO's 2824 datewheel and the lateral border of the dial's date window (although can equally apply to the medial border).

Same issue (albeit far less obvious) as the infamous white dialled Explorer IIs a while back. See...?

picture5yp4.png

AR would be a good upgrade as well. On the date wheel gap - what he said. :lol: I was actually surprised that the date window is in fact the same size. Somehow I thought it would be sized a little differently given the different movement.

The AR makes an AMAZING difference, trust me. You owe it to your PO to get this done :D

picture9hb7.png

picture11sv0.png

However, the DW is NOT exactly the same size, the gen is slightly less square and/or wider, hence the possible DW gap issue I'm banging on about.

Rob, think we may have got some wires crossed here.

I'm not talking about depth - the space between DW/movt and dial. I'm talking about the gap between the edge of the UPO's 2824 datewheel and the lateral border of the dial's date window (although can equally apply to the medial border).

Same issue (albeit far less obvious) as the infamous white dialled Explorer IIs a while back. See...?

picture5yp4.png

Ok, understood.

I am not sure either if this gap is too large or not, wheather on the sides, or on the top and bottom. It does look much better though with the gen dial.

I am still amazed that the dial and datewindow even come close to fitting and lining up, since the gen uses an in-house specialty movement. The fact that the dial feet line up perfectly, and the datewindow does work, is still a surprise to me.

@ lordrasta

One is on it's way to me soon for that exact upgrade (along with a dial etc), I have not had success installing gen omega bezels on reps in the past, but will soon know if it can be done on this model...stay tuned.

RG