When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner LV

Wiss

Rolex changed the dials a while back. Maybe 3 ticks was first, then 5 ticks. Both are correct, just one of the Rolex idiosyncrasies.

But changes for the 50th Anniversary Sub? It is supposed to be a single run...that ended up staying in production. I understand the thought behind the other subs, it makes sense; but not on a commemorative item, that would spoil it, no?

But changes for the 50th Anniversary Sub? It is supposed to be a single run...that ended up staying in production. I understand the thought behind the other subs, it makes sense; but not on a commemorative item, that would spoil it, no?

The LV stopped being an unchangeable watch when they realised they could sell as many as they made.

Yep, I agree w/ Pug- Rolex makes changes, sometimes very small ones, w/o explanation (of course, they never explain!), but we see them from time to time- like the bezel font of the 4 in 40. a few years ago it was more boxy and then a couple of years ago, they switched to a triangular 4- new bezel insert! They might have done it w/ the LV insert also- just don't remember. But about a year ago we noticed the 3 ticks vs 5 tick dials.

I have seen several different Gen LV subs and it seems that there is some variance. The only real difference I have noticed is the bezel font. The 4 is a little wider on this one than others I have seen. Maybe the Swiss Made varies also. This is a good pic of a Gen. Notice the perfect rehault and bezel and hands.

lvsub.JPG

Edited by Nightstroker

To my understanding....Rolex has lately been OUTSOURCING the manufacturing of their watches.....perhaps to more than one manufacturer....what does this mean? That a Rolex isnt necessarily made by Rolex...but by a company that is Rolex approved. Besides the fact that watches vary a little from year to year...this may explain why there are differences between watches of the same model.

What are the chances of someone calling you out on such a minute detail anyway? Maybe thats not the point....and people just want the satisfaction of knowing that they have created the 'perfect' clone.....a pride in their work sort of accomplishment perhaps.

We should do a poll to see if anyone has ever been "Called out" by someone in public who did indeed discover that you were wearing a replica because of the inaccuracy's of craftsmanship. I bet out of 100 votes only 1 or 2 could make an honest claim that YES....I was in public and a guy pointed out that my watch is a rep because of such and such..

My dream sub....

chuckyeagertrl.jpg