When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Blackbird

Yannou

Gorgeous watch... Good pearl and well aligned markers at 3 and 9... The engravings on the bezel looks sharper than on the Evo and Steelfish... Hmm... Tasty!

I try to convince myself that I don't need another chronograph... :lol:

Ruby is very nice to deal with, can I ask what her price is for the Blackbird?

Hold on folks, I don't think this is a pearl fix update as such.

Sure it looks MUCH more centred than the drunken pearls seen on most so far, but I'm told it's just luck what you get, not dealer-specific, although obviously the drop shippers are at a disadvantage.

Now I hear the Skyland is a long way off, the Blackbird urge is getting harder to resist!

Awesome watch. But I wouldn't buy one unless the seller sent me pictures of the actual watch I was getting. That misaligned pearl would kill me. What really kills me is that it would be such an easy fix! It's called 10 secs of quality control!

Edited by yellowcat305

I had to change the finish to match the bracelet I was putting on it. I pulled the bracelet from my Crosswind Special, which has polshed angled links. So I had to either brush the bracelet or polish the case. Polishing was much easier to do.

EDIT: Thanks, Giorgio and Italiano. Just noticed that I hit "add reply" twice.

was wondering the same thing. i saw that before.

@ anton: how did you get it so polished like that? i tried cape cod cloths, but it

never comes out like that. looks nice great job!!

A handheld dremel, felt polishing cloth and both red and white rouge will do you good. I've got the XPS400 (don't confuse it with a dell computer) which is a handheld. It gives me much more control than a wired model.

• 4 weeks later...