When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black SOSF

Bigrahizzle

i myself would go for the ETA black dial with AR crystal first and white dial second choice. The blue dial to me looks cheap. I have NEVER seen a gen breitling with a blue dial except online (but i know they exist obviously). I know LOTS of people with breitlings and almost all are white dials and according to my AD friend that is the most desireable by FAR.. second being black and lastly blue.

I know LOTS of people with breitlings and almost all are white dials and according to my AD friend that is the most desireable by FAR.. second being black and lastly blue.

All comes down to personal taste I guess. I have a blue one but am really coming round to both white and black, I'm currently wrestling with whether I can justify multiple reps of the same watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my blue SOSF:

sosf1.jpg

sosf2.jpg

I also have the black dial SOSF, but I'll probably be selling it soon. I simply prefer the blue since I have many other black dial watches.

For what it's worth, my local Breitling AD told me the blue faced SOSF outsells the black/white versions by more than 3:1 in his shop. In fact, the white version sells so poorly here, he doesn't even order them anymore unless a customer requests it.

Edited by TexBiker

but the blue rep doesn't match with the gen in terms of colour, while the black does.

I've had the blue rep side-by-side with the blue gen and they were virtually identical. Both of them look different depending on the lighting...changing from a very deep, dark indigo to an almost cobalt blue.

Edited by TexBiker

anyone got their SOSF from silix recently??

has anyone noticed that the the "second" hand of the SOSF seems to be longer than normal??

is it normal?? or does it mean that it can be easily spotted as a rep??

thanks

I've received two of them from Silix in the last two weeks. Second hands on both look perfectly normal to me.

Edited by TexBiker

really? but the gen on the Breitling website seems to have a shorter second hands?? no?? :huh:

On the gen, the tip of the second hand reaches the middle of the "double ring" around the outside of the dial. I have three SOSF reps (two from Silix, one from another dealer...all three Swiss ETA) and the tips of the second hands reach the same point on the dial.

On the gen, the tip of the second hand reaches the middle of the "double ring" around the outside of the dial. I have three SOSF reps (two from Silix, one from another dealer...all three Swiss ETA) and the tips of the second hands reach the same point on the dial.

actually i am talking about the location of the red square with a white circle within, if u take a look at ur rep and the following gen pic, u can see that they are at different position?? one is higher up than the other ???

post-7586-1194336672_thumb.jpg