When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Beast - I Suspect It Won't Be Long Now!

Bignasty-

You are right that the exclusive period with Watchonpo is over. The barrier to entry is the price and the minimums. The minimums are substantially smaller for the 7753 than the 7750 which is what makes me hopeful that someone (read Eddie) will elect to do the 7753. On Paul, it would be great if he elected to do it. I wouldn't hold my breath though as there are a number of watches on his site that he initially listed with a $0.00 price which never came to fruition. The one I remember without looking is the fourth generation Fiddy with swan neck movement and sapphire crystal.

Here's a vote for the 7753.

Any idea what the minimum buy for is for the 7753 version?

I smell a group buy coming along :victory:

I would think me, you, finepics would be interested?

I'm sure there will be others. Especially if the dealer can sell out the whole batch in one go and therefore give us a favourable price. :)

Edited by Chronus

Here's a vote for the 7753.

Any idea what the minimum buy for is for the 7753 version?

I smell a group buy coming along :victory:

I would think me, you, finepics would be interested?

I'm sure there will be others. Especially if the dealer can sell out the whole batch in one go and therefore give us a favourable price. :)

Chronus,

We should start a thread and see if it is even a possibility w/ the dealers.

I'm definately in if it can infact be done. Especially for a Swiss Version!

Jon :thumbsupsmileyanim:

"soon", "soon" i CANT hear it anymore! i have enough CA$H atm to buy this motherf---er but wuld only spend 900$ on a swiss 7753 or max. 400$ on an asian 7750!

My feelings exactlly... We are waiting for this bloody watch from CHristmas...

At least I will have a preview Friday when I will wear Mark's and run away with it :p

:thumbsupsmileyanim: I've spoken with Ed about a group buy. He's going to get back to me with the numbers. But it appears as though the "buy-in" number is fairly high and that is infact the hold up!

I'm waiting for another response from him now! :Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

Jon

MOVEMENT??????????????????????

MOVEMENT??????????????????????

7753, Kruzer was right. The buy-in for the 7753 is substantially lower on the Swiss version. The price may be a little high though, but it still seems much less than others have paid for their Asian 7750 versions!

Jon :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm still chatting with Ed now. I'll keep you all posted!

OK Not looking so good. It would take 50+ members to commit at a price of $750 or so! Doesn't sound that bad until you figure that is almost $40,000!

So unless 50 members can genuinely commit at these prices the Swiss 7753 187 will remain out of reach!

Jon

Ed explained a lot of information to me about the way this business works and its sounds very cut throat!

50+ ppl each 750$... good joke :lol:

Yeah like I said, not looking so good! :black_eye:

Looks like when they release, and they will when someone commits to the ridiculous buy-in the price will almost immediately fall through the floor!

Basically who ever does the first buy-in will not be able to sell their massive stocks for nearly the margin as the other sellers will. Sucks for the seller. You commit to buying the watches. You pay outrageous costs and the next week other dealers can buy half as many as you for much less cost. So all the dealers are playing a game of chicken :animal_rooster: to see who will turn first and who won't flinch!

If you ask me these manufacturers must really suck to deal with :thumbdown: .

Jon

I concur.

I guess I need the next few weeks to get money together anyhow. :(

I got 2 birthdays this weekend, and a stag do in Lithuania to pay for so I'm out of money. Guess I'll be the one in the corner with the 1 coke all evening this Friday!

if you look at eddie's album, you will notice that both the 30 minute counter and the 12 hour counter, both of the hands are misaligned and off to the left. that looks like a big QC issue. if the 212 swiss cost about 550, and 196 swiss cost about 600. it's not that bad for that big hunk of metal of the 187 to be running at $750, so who is going in? lol

IMHO, it is a QC issue on the 7750 version. Of the three or four that people that I am aware of that have had them for more than a month at least two have had movement or hand issues (myself included). They may be expensive but they still have all the issues of old Asian 7750's. You could be fortunate and everything is fine or not. Mine does not reset properly just like the one on Eddies' photogallery. ;) I am sure that the next run of 7750's will be substantially cheaper but you may want to factor in a service or replacement movement. I had actually heard that the minimum on the 7753 was more like 25, not 50 and that the 7750 had a minimum of closer to 100. I will have to pursue this. My own conclusion is that unless the price falls into the range of other Asian 7750's I would save my money up until someone does come out with the 7753. Having said all that, the case, crystal and dial are fantastic. :) Still my favorite rep (aesthetically).