When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Beast - I Suspect It Won't Be Long Now!

Nice.

Number 0011.

What is the highest number on this forum now?

Oh really? Do they come with different S/N´s? Didn´t know that.

That would indeed justify a higher price.

But IMO it´s still damn too expensive. Especially for the Asian movt.

On the other hand: everyone would whine about the date font if there

was a standard 7753 inside..... :huh:

Fast Eddie does it again :thumbsupsmileyanim:

For flaws, I've heard:

- the blue on the 1000m is not quite correct.

- the date font is not correct (?not sure about this one - finepics/kruzer correct me!)

- the date corrector is purely cosmetic and does not change the date like the genuine's 7753 movement

- the helium valve is also cosmetic, I've only listed it because of the above point. All rep helium valves are cosmetic and non-functioning.

Not sure if there is anything else, I would guess the lume would not be good. The date change is purely movement driven and a genuine 7753 version would solve this problem

V-

I don't know what price Eddie will charge but I feel fairly confident it will be significantly less ;) He will let us know when he is ready. Unless, of course it turns out to be the 7753 version. :lol: We will just have to wait and see.

Exper-

On how it will compare with the Watchonpo, since only one factory makes this model we should expect them to be very similar if not identical. Unless of course it is the 7753 version. :lol:

Sql_Pl-

On the numbers, the highest number I have heard of is 50 something. To the best of my knowledge there have been a total of 150 pieces made by Watchonpo. We will see what happens with the numbers now that obviously someone else is or will be making them.

Chronus-

You have the flaws just about right. The date font is actually fairly good but it is the usual smaller 7750 based datewindow. They did find a way to center it better between the 4 and the 5 but it may be an optical illusion as it is the original Asian 7750 movement. The quickset date adjuster is just cosmetic as is but it is a functioning button which is blocked by the spacer just like the Asian 7750 196's. The helium valve is cosmetic but is properly placed and sized. The laser etched "he" should be engraved and bolder. The blue on the dial looks pretty close to me. Finally, although the pushers look fantastic and are fully functional in terms of the screw down locking guards (for deep sea diving of course :lol: ) they are most likely a little long but leaving the pusher screw down locks partially open it looks exactly right.

Having owned the watch for close to three months, with flaws and all it is a kick ass watch. If Eddie offers it in the 7750 version I am sure it will be at a more reasonable price. Selfishly speaking, I hope it is available with a 7753 in it. I know that many of the current owners would happily buy that version as well. :D

Having owned the watch for close to three months, with flaws and all it is a kick ass watch. If Eddie offers it in the 7750 version I am sure it will be at a more reasonable price. Selfishly speaking, I hope it is available with a 7753 in it. I know that many of the current owners would happily buy that version as well.:)

I'm waiting on the 7753 too. I'm only going to get one (will have to save up) so can't afford both the Asian or swiss 7750 as well as a 7753. 7753 is the same movement as the real thing I think.

The rep rubber strap is very nice, I have both rep and real and the rep looks almost perfect, the feel of it isn't the same but the look is...

I doubt we'll see the 7753 version soon but who knows, that would be killer and a must buy if it were of the same quality of the current 187. If Eddie sells at a reasonable price I may get another just for spare parts. ;)

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but this watch is pictured over at Aspire (Paul's Site) too. I asked him about it last night and he said that it will be available soon! He couldn't give a price just yet though. I suspect many of our dealers will get stocks of these around the same time, like the new Panerai movement that just came out. The price will probably be high, but will fall rather quickly as more dealers begin to release!

On a side note, this watch has been available to most dealers for months now. But they have to do a buy in to purchase them, with a minimum number of watches at a rather ridiculous price. At least this information was passed to me by one of our dealers!

Either way. I'm happy to see this one coming soon!

:victory: Jon