When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Congratulations Red Sox Fans!

cornerstone

hells yea go sox!!!!! I need to start to think about what rep to wear the parade!!! Boston is out of control this am... as it should be...

oh and lordrasta, I agree that the bandwagon fans ruin it for us diehards. I appoligze for them.... BUT you have to give the sox props... they left the entire league in thier rearview mirror since the beginning of the season. They were the best team this year, and I am proud of them all.

congrats to the Sox.

But man, that series could not keep my attention! The only full game I watched was game one, after that, I found myself switching the channel, going into my office to tinker on some watch parts, then coming back to check on the game. Lame, lame, lame!

Good for sox fans, but bad for baseball. That was one lame series.

Good for sox fans, but bad for baseball. That was one lame series.

Lame series agreed, largely because the Rockies never showed up, but then the people who are turned off by baseball, wouldn't have tuned in as much anyway.

Let me just say that in 2003, when the Florida Marlins won it all too, we had the SAME kind of momentum, the same brash young club full of unexpected heroes like Miggy Cabrera (Matt Hollyday), and Dontrell Willis (a little like Jacoby Ellsberry, on the BoSox side, though in another position obviously). EDIT: Or D-Train = Troy Tulowitzki.

We also had a seasoned veteran who was our inspirational talisman, in Ivan Rodriguez. Think Todd Helton.

NO ONE gave the Florida Marlins a chance versus the storied NY Yankees, with their row of big bats, and a crazy-good closer in Mo Rivera -- and dang if we didn't beat them in 6.

I feel badly for the Colorado fans, because their team couldn't put up the slightest fight. They were pwned.

Congrats to the real BoSox fans FROM Boston, like dluddy, jsmith11, Mike, and others!!

Hey, count me in that goup as well. I grew up in RI (home of the PawSox), and I can't count all the nights as a kid that I fell asleep with a transistor radio under my pillow, listening to Yaz, Freddy, Dewey, Pudge....

Now, Go Pats!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

the parade was insane.... wore my UPO.

I watched every pitch of the WS. I felt like I owed it to the Sox for everything they did for me (and all of redsox nation).

oh, incase anyone wants to know what timepiece Beckett wears.... a white faced Bentley GT (im pretty sure its real). His buddy Dice K drives a Continental GT...

Must be nice...

The Red Sox are now the "model" team in the MLB. With that will come all of the haters, that for years booed the Yankees because of their dominance. Im sure we will get that now as our payroll grows, we land more and more coveted free agents, and we eventually win more Championships.

Unfortunately, there are thousands of new "fans" that do not show Red Sox pride and do not represent what Red Sox Nation is all about. Believe me, waiting so long for a Championship humbles you. All these new fans know is winning - that dosen't build character.

A local sportscaster here in Boston put his 4 yr old son to bed early in the game Sunday night. Upon waking up the next morning, his dad said to him.

"Guess what, the Red Sox won the World Series last night!!"

His son's response....

"again???"

They will never know the pain!

God Bless Red Sox Nation!

BTW, 82KUBA, Yanks are sinking fast, there is still room in Red Sox Nation. We will even help you burn all of your A-Rod and Sheffield t-shirts that you spent $100's of dollars on. Bet you a Noobmariner, that if A-Rod comes to the Sox and plays SS, he will hit in the playoffs.

GO PATS!!!

BTW, 82KUBA, Yanks are sinking fast, there is still room in Red Sox Nation. We will even help you burn all of your A-Rod and Sheffield t-shirts that you spent $100's of dollars on. Bet you a Noobmariner, that if A-Rod comes to the Sox and plays SS, he will hit in the playoffs.

You enjoy your "Dynasty" memories 82.......I'll enjoy our World Series Victory B)

We waited 86 years which proves we are a patient "Nation". Let's see how patient Yankee fans are next year....

And, by the way, we don't want AROD. We like players who can perform in the postseason :p

Looking forward to seeing what Girardi can bring....We missed you guys in the ALCS.

patient nation .....lol 86 years of notting ...of tears...of wishing u where a yankee sad sad nation ...... arent there like 2000 people in the red sox nation lol lol lol......how about the red sox common wealth or the red sox county ... give me a break ....nation lol......the Yankees got more fan in new england lol

82Kuba, spoken like a true New Yorker. You guys are always talkin' about 26 WS rings...dude, that was ages ago. Back then players stayed with the same team for an entire career. Times have changes in baseball. You were right when you said that its all about the $$$. But, the Yankees have more of it than any team in MLB and they have not won [censored] in years. Actually, they have the same team as back then because Cashman and Steinbrenner have squanderd away all of their Minor league resources to get over priced free-agents that suck in the Bronx.

Red Sox Nation may be smaller than the Yankee Empire but the we have more heart than any other fan base in major league sports. New York sports teams can never compete with the heart Boston teams have-and it looks like heart pays off in spades with all of the championships we have won in the past 7 years.

You are a joke and you should be embarrassed to be a Yankee fan. The Mets are the team in NY right now. Damn, Joe Torre even wanted out so bad that he quit after being offered $5 million dollars/yr. Jeter is a pussy and has the range of a little league SS. Giambi is Barry Bonds in pinstripes but cant hit as well. Posada wishes he was Jason Veriteks backup. Oh yeah, and tell your pitchers, that that funny shaped thing that is on the ground 60'6" away from them...is home plate. They are supposed to throw strikes over that to get players out.

Friggin' Yankee fans. All caught up in the Reggie Jackson era. Not that you could tell by your wardrobe but, its 2007. Billy Martin is dead and so is the Babe. Sign on to Red Sox Nation, we need someone to pick up the confetti from this weeks championship parade.

Edited by stevie7s

Wow, that Jeter comment is uncalled for. Whether you are a Sox fan or Yankees fan, what Jeter has done for the game is NOT pussy. Some of the plays he has made over the course of his career is amazing. (all with the same team I might add)

Posada was probably the most consistent batter this past season and is clutch. Veritek is a has been. Ortiz is class... I love that guy, but for the rest... big deal... Manny should cut that sh*t off his head. That is just plain disgusting! I can't imagine how it smells.

Congrats to the Sox for winning, but I sure wish they didn't as we now have to deal with the obnoxious 'nation'. At least with Yankees fans, they do it with style, and in true New York style. Whether they win or lose, they are all still the same. I haven't been to Fenway, don't know if I could deal with the crowd, but been to Yankee stadium numerous times and it is awesome!

The first MLB game I saw was the Yankees vs Mariners way back in '77 in the old Kingdome Billy Martin, Reggie Jackson, Craig Nettles, Willie Randolf. And Rupert Jones for the M's. I still have my ticket stub. Christ, ball games back then only cost $1.50.

God, I love this thread. Since my sport of choice is soccer, but live in the USA, I miss the utter UTTER hatred certain football club supporters have for each other -- and it's worse in the lower leagues! Baggies v. Wolves = yikes.

So when I see Americans going at it, baseball-wise, I see that spark of antagonism all over again. YES!

GO SOX!! YANKEES SUCK STEINBRENNER'S T1TS!

Congrats to the Sox for winning, but I sure wish they didn't as we now have to deal with the obnoxious 'nation'. At least with Yankees fans, they do it with style, and in true New York style. Whether they win or lose, they are all still the same. I haven't been to Fenway, don't know if I could deal with the crowd, but been to Yankee stadium numerous times and it is awesome!

Let me set something straight, here. First off, Red Sox fans do not go about spouting their teams accolades in an obnoxious manner. I did so because "82Booba" opened his mouth. I was merely, projecting my opinion based on his posting.

Secondly, New York Yankee fans, when they dont win, (which has been often as of late) are more obnoxious than any Red Sox fan ever could be. Thats when you all come out with the "26 rings, blah, blah, blah" So, bottom line, your statement of "At least with Yankees fans, they do it with style, and in true New York style. Whether they win or lose, they are all still the same." is ludicrous.

Finally, Fenway Park is the most fan friendly park in MLB. I have been to three games at Yankee Stadium just this year - 2 vs. the Sox and 1 vs. Toronto. All three times I wore Red Sox stuff (hat, or jersey) and the crowd could have cared less for the action on the field. Instead they were too busy trying to heckle me and my friends. Im sure people in Fenway do similar stuff to the Yankmees fans when they're in town. Come to Boston and enjoy a game in "Americs Most Beloved Ballpark"

So don't hold the Spankees in such high regard. They have been hated for years by the entire league and its fans for a reason. I just cant wait for the All-Star game this year, when Terry Francona has to pick the pitchers and alternates for the game in the "new" Yankee Stadium. What a shame that so few Yankees will be there to participate.

Edited by stevie7s