When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Back from Greece with an exciting new hide for straps...

V

My friends this time I went for hide hunting I said to myself that I needed just two hides.. New stock from the Greek natural one because it has finished and another one that will be something special..

I found in a store with Italian hides an extremely beautiful hide but the problem was that the owner wanted to sell me a HUGE piece that was extremely expensive and could produce 1000 straps :p

After a bit of searching in his store I was extremely lucky and found a medium size piece under some other leathers he had for a customer. Thankfully he decided to sell it to me (still a bit expensive but I think it was worth it)

The photos don't do any justice at all.. In person it has so many rich tan colours and if you look it from different sides it has different shades.

DSC08624.jpg

DSC08635.jpg

DSC08633.jpg

DSC08630.jpg

DSC08622.jpg

DSC08623.jpg

The photos don't do any justice at all.. In person it has so many rich tan colours and if you look it from different sides it has different shades.

:Jumpy: :Jumpy:

I want! Just saw your magnificent Wrist-check and the hide looks like it has patina already!!

(A big problem with a strap rotation like mine, is that NONE of my straps have patina, unless I buy one used that way)

I see Savage and Tootall are reading the thread too. :bye1:

This thread must be mother's milk to them!

My friends this time I went for hide hunting I said to myself that I needed just two hides.. New stock from the Greek natural one because it has finished and another one that will be something special..

I found in a store with Italian hides an extremely beautiful hide but the problem was that the owner wanted to sell me a HUGE piece that was extremely expensive and could produce 1000 straps :p

After a bit of searching in his store I was extremely lucky and found a medium size piece under some other leathers he had for a customer. Thankfully he decided to sell it to me (still a bit expensive but I think it was worth it)

Hi V.

I am living in Athens.

Where did you get those fine samples from?

Hi V.

I am living in Athens.

Where did you get those fine samples from?

I got them from a street in Monastiraki. It is close to the Metro station and it only has shops with leather hides (more than 10 different tanneries).

I got them from a street in Monastiraki. It is close to the Metro station and it only has shops with leather hides (more than 10 different tanneries).

That's very nice of you.

Just because my house is at Thissio,just a 500 meter distance from Miaouli street(that's the name of the street), I know all the shops there.

Did you get any from the one that is on the left side of the road, while you walk with your back at the Metro station.The one that looks like a bazaar for leather products,with merchandise on the pavement.

That area is my everyday windowshopping and shopping place

If you want anything from them,tell me and I will be more than happy to send it to you.

That's an awesome hide. When I get back from my holiday, I'll definitely be wanting a strap made from that :) Excellent find :)

Yeap.. house is almost finished... Only few details left.

Let's find you first the logo buckle and then we must find someone to pvd it ;)

Good to see you back on the board V...hope the house is getting sorted :-)

You know that 125/80 of that is destined for my 004....just that pesky PVD Logo MX buckle to find ....!!!???

All the best

FGD

:fish:

PS - got my own smiley !!!....I'm chuffed!!

Yeap.. house is almost finished... Only few details left.

Let's find you first the logo buckle and then we must find someone to pvd it ;)

I'll have to check with "buckles'r'us" - my credit is good with them - they just send me a bill ;)

PS : Have you got a dealers wall clock in you kitchen...I want one when they are a sensible price!!!

Have you got a dealers wall clock in you kitchen...I want one when they are a sensible price!!!

Not yet.. I was checking rivers topic today but as you said i have to wait a bit... i have spent a fortune for the house.. i cannot afford many luxuries at this time ;)

P.S. I guess your greek hide strap will have a great patina by now.. I dont know how you do it and after some time your straps become more beautiful than before...

It's a tough call between PAV91 and your last Custom Hide strap..........still think you should get your own buckles made!!!!

It looks great S..

I think I should make my own buckles too..

Btw when you will have few straps needing cleaning and conditioning send them to me. Free aftermarket care for my good clients ;)

I have finished the first strap from this hide for a customer...

I have used the darkest part of the hide plus used some conditioner after it finished.

It is as thick as the MP (3,5-4mm ) and extremely soft.

Enjoy the photos:

DSC08744.jpg

DSC08731.jpg

DSC08732.jpg

:o

Wow, it looks like the Metta Catherina!! I WANT ONE!

EDIT: I have an absolute sweet tooth for deep burgundy, reddish straps. But is it the lighting, or what, since the first photos of the hide showed a more burnt Sienna type colour?

Yes it is a reddish brown but not so dark burgundy colour.. This hide has so many different colour variations on it, that it is difficult to define the exact colour.. Everytime you look at it from a different angle has a different shade (from light to dark)

The first photos had a powerful flash and made the leather hide look a bit lighter in colour than it really is..

Plus it is different photographing a big hide than a small piece of leather strap.

I can see some PP coming your way ....nice multi-tan shade with PVD ....Hmmmmm :-)

BTW - that looks like PAV 91 to me !!!!!

THat's what I thought.. IT will look very nice with PVD. Too bad I don't have one..

Colourwise, yes, its close to the PAV91.. with a different texture. ;)

But close to your PAV91 colour not mine.. If you remember yours was a bit more brownish than mine being more burgundy.

S, I may have good news tomorrow about the buckles so hold on..

Yay im the lucky customer!

I will put photos up along withthe Angus 111H review!

cant wait to get this strap culture tough rough strap off and put this nice soft one on!

Woot

Your strap has been dispatched yesterday.. I believe beginning of next week you will have it. ^_^

Wow, that looks great...how does it compare to the PAV91? From pics, they look comparable.

Yes they are comparable.. Depends though on the angle you see the straps... Both have a very interesting texture to them.. If you are a burgundy/brown strap guy you should get one. ^_^