When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My current collection of straps... I believe I don't need anything else

V

First of all I have to say that I made this collection over a period of 3 years. Many straps came.. many left but I feel that I have now a very full collection.

All the following straps are for just one watch. My 112 :)

There are two photos of each strap.. One without flash to see the actual strap and grain and general look and one with flash for the colour.

They are in the order I like them most in each colour. But that changes over time. (except for the Metta - will always be Nr.1 for many reasons)

Basically I couldn't sell easily any of the following.

1. THE TANs/BROWNs

V made by HKTAN Metta Catharina strap with logo buckle

dsc08697nq8.jpg

dsc08698si7.jpg

V Greek Natural hide with Vintagised MP buckle

dsc08729xg4.jpg

dsc08728fg9.jpg

MP PAV91 with polished logo buckle

dsc08701wk0.jpg

dsc08700mn6.jpg

MP PAV99 with polished logo buckle

dsc08710ad0.jpg

dsc08711qx8.jpg

Gef La Spezia in tan - Same hide/strap as the legendary XaMas

dsc08709ut7.jpg

dsc08708md7.jpg

V Vintage Italian textured tan hide with MF polished buckle

DSC08832.jpg

DSC08833.jpg

V made by HKTAN cashmere tan strap (almost same hide as the OEM cashmere)

dsc08706so1.jpg

dsc08707pa4.jpg

V Italian Jacket X strap with polished XaMas buckle

dsc08705vn8.jpg

dsc08704jl8.jpg

MP tan shark

dsc08713eo7.jpg

dsc08712to4.jpg

Strapmasters cordovan

dsc08702hu7.jpg

dsc08703fn7.jpg

V stitchless burgundy with MP buckle

dsc08714iy8.jpg

dsc08715ui3.jpg

V Florence

dsc08718mp6.jpg

dsc08719hq3.jpg

V brown with black stitching

dsc08717xl1.jpg

dsc08716pg3.jpg

2. THE BLACKS

V made by HKTAN Calvin Klein strap with polished logo buckle

dsc08682mt3.jpg

dsc08681ph4.jpg

Gef La Spezia in black

dsc08686ft6.jpg

dsc08685oh6.jpg

Strapmasters black shark with Wojtecki buckle

dsc08683po1.jpg

dsc08684zd7.jpg

Prada strap

dsc08687gk1.jpg

dsc08688wq9.jpg

OEM B series croc with OEM buckle

dsc08690tl8.jpg

dsc08689ek7.jpg

OEM 233 style strap with BOB buckle (this one is mostly on my Ferrari)

dsc08727wk6.jpg

dsc08726ri3.jpg

OEM black calf (came with the 112)

dsc08691ry6.jpg

dsc08692ch8.jpg

OEM rubber strap (came with the 112)

dsc08694ao9.jpg

dsc08693cw4.jpg

Rep new style rubber strap

dsc08695aq8.jpg

dsc08696tm4.jpg

OEM 'A' series real coramid strap

dsc08724mk0.jpg

dsc08725th4.jpg

3. For the Ferrari (+ the OEM 233)

DON carbon fiber.

dsc08722jh2.jpg

dsc08723cl8.jpg

DON Black Seal. My very first aftermarket strap. Got it 3 years ago.

dsc08721ax1.jpg

dsc08720ba9.jpg

What an awesome and truly helpful post. We all know you have exceptional taste, but what's really cool about this is that in one glance we can do some comparison shopping. Very cool. Thanks as always, V.

First of all I have to say that I made this collection over a period of 3 years. Many straps came.. many left but I feel that I have now a very full collection.

All the following straps are for just one watch. My 112 :)

There are two photos of each strap.. One without flash to see the actual strap and grain and general look and one with flash for the colour.

They are in the order I like them most in each colour. But that changes over time. (except for the Metta - will always be Nr.1 for many reasons)

Basically I couldn't sell easily any of the following.

1. THE TANs/BROWNs

V made by HKTAN Metta Catharina strap with logo buckle

dsc08697nq8.jpg

dsc08698si7.jpg

V Greek Natural hide with Vintagised MP buckle

dsc08729xg4.jpg

dsc08728fg9.jpg

MP PAV91 with polished logo buckle

dsc08701wk0.jpg

dsc08700mn6.jpg

MP PAV99 with polished logo buckle

dsc08710ad0.jpg

dsc08711qx8.jpg

Gef La Spezia in tan - Same hide/strap as the legendary XaMas

dsc08709ut7.jpg

dsc08708md7.jpg

V made by HKTAN cashmere tan strap (almost same hide as the OEM cashmere)

dsc08706so1.jpg

dsc08707pa4.jpg

V Italian Jacket X strap with polished XaMas buckle

dsc08705vn8.jpg

dsc08704jl8.jpg

MP tan shark

dsc08713eo7.jpg

dsc08712to4.jpg

Strapmasters cordovan

dsc08702hu7.jpg

dsc08703fn7.jpg

V stitchless burgundy with MP buckle

dsc08714iy8.jpg

dsc08715ui3.jpg

V Florence

dsc08718mp6.jpg

dsc08719hq3.jpg

V brown with black stitching

dsc08717xl1.jpg

dsc08716pg3.jpg

2. THE BLACKS

V made by HKTAN Calvin Klein strap with polished logo buckle

dsc08682mt3.jpg

dsc08681ph4.jpg

Gef La Spezia in black

dsc08686ft6.jpg

dsc08685oh6.jpg

Strapmasters black shark with Wojtecki buckle

dsc08683po1.jpg

dsc08684zd7.jpg

Prada strap

dsc08687gk1.jpg

dsc08688wq9.jpg

OEM B series croc with OEM buckle

dsc08690tl8.jpg

dsc08689ek7.jpg

OEM 233 style strap with BOB buckle (this one is mostly on my Ferrari)

dsc08727wk6.jpg

dsc08726ri3.jpg

OEM black calf (came with the 112)

dsc08691ry6.jpg

dsc08692ch8.jpg

OEM rubber strap (came with the 112)

dsc08694ao9.jpg

dsc08693cw4.jpg

Rep new style rubber strap

dsc08695aq8.jpg

dsc08696tm4.jpg

OEM 'A' series real coramid strap

dsc08724mk0.jpg

dsc08725th4.jpg

3. For the Ferrari (+ the OEM 233)

DON carbon fiber.

dsc08722jh2.jpg

dsc08723cl8.jpg

DON Black Seal. My very first aftermarket strap. Got it 3 years ago.

dsc08721ax1.jpg

dsc08720ba9.jpg

V, you have quite the collection of top notch straps! Every single one of them is really a beauty...Thanks a bunch for posting this, going to use it as a reference to what I might buy next, love the laspezia ...Care to post pictures of the coramid on a watch? Is it velcro? I like it!!

Edited by UB7

What an awesome and truly helpful post. We all know you have exceptional taste, but what's really cool about this is that in one glance we can do some comparison shopping. Very cool. Thanks as always, V.

Thanks for your kind words..

With the 'unfriendly' I meant difficult post to read, not you being unfriendly :rolleyes:

I would appreciate if you could edit your post and delete all the photos. It makes extremely difficult for other people to read the post. :)

V, you have quite the collection of top notch straps! Every single one of them is really a beauty...Thanks a bunch for posting this, going to use it as a reference to what I might buy next, love the laspezia ...Care to post pictures of the coramid on a watch? Is it velcro? I like it!!

Here you go:

dsc07951ig9.jpg

dsc07950kd3.jpg

dsc07952uo4.jpg

Guest lahonda

I'm blown away ! I've been looking for straps and know what an effort you made to collect such specimens.

I am looking for various sizes and I am OK with the 24mm, 26mm, etc. But I can't seem to find a place to get comparably nice, unique or at least high quality appearing straps

at the smaller sizes, like 18mm and 20mm - any suggestions ?

Again, congratulations.

Thanks guys for the kind words.. THis colelction has been made over a period of 3 years and with many many not-worthy straps passed to my hands.

Yes the straps are for my genuine 112 :)

I cannot find anymore the polished buckles. I had a source last year that was providing them to me. :)

I was working on my king of the straps the last two days so it was not in the original post...

Here is my (i won't say best) but definately most expensive strap I have..

Greek hide strap with original/genuine GPF-MOD vintage buckle (not E's copy).

Same length as the original vintage strap.. Same number and spacing of holes, even the same thread (thin, tan to orange-ish colour)

The strap is the one in the middle in the first photo. All three straps are the same hide.. Their colour starts as the GPF, then becoming a nice dark tan (on the stitchless for my cali) and finally becoming brown after diving, summer activities and basically abusing it.

The best hide I ever had in my hands? Definately.. and to be honest with you I am not wearing many of the strap I make ;)

DSC08754.jpg

Buckles: GPF-MOD, true vintage repro, and a MP vintagised by me.

DSC08761.jpg

DSC08759.jpg

DSC08758.jpg

DSC08756.jpg

Very nice collection of straps and buckles. Are any of your logo buckles real??? My fave is the Metta, the Gef La Spezia in black, and the MP tan shark. My taste leans more towards exotics than you. For me, I like a great black and a great tan strap and then a bunch of fun stuff to throw on for conversation (beaver tail, ostrich leg, bony croc, gator, stingray, elephant, and ostrich). No crazy colors, just interesting hides. I'm still on the hunt for a full hide bony croc in 24/24 honey tan. I won't spend the $$ that ABP wants, but I might have Pam2Pam or Hktan make me one.

My taste leans more towards exotics than you. For me, I like a great black and a great tan strap and then a bunch of fun stuff to throw on for conversation (beaver tail, ostrich leg, bony croc, gator, stingray, elephant, and ostrich). No crazy colors, just interesting hides. I'm still on the hunt for a full hide bony croc in 24/24 honey tan. I won't spend the $$ that ABP wants, but I might have Pam2Pam or Hktan make me one.

Thanks a lot my friend..

I know you are an exotic hide guy.. I am not.. I would love to have a nice Kwong elephant strap but since I can have beutiful straps with normal hides no need to feel guilty..

I am not a vegeterian but I do love animals a lot and simply since I can find nicer alternatives... ;)

Thanks Vic.. I would love to see a similar post of your collection ;)

Well, V, as I mentioned in my recent "Straps: Are We Done Yet?" thread (I think you were away still), I did indeed post one such shot, 1 month and 4 days into my Panerai collecting.

That photograph, and indeed, thread was very discomfitting for me, because it brought me a lot of negative vibes all that following week. I vowed never again to post a "reunion" shot of either my straps, or my watches, together.

Instead, as I told Hambone, I promise to always shoot a new strap or watch for my Wristies, so that you can see for yourselves the variety I possess.

But how can I resist such a request from you?

297422-881.jpg

Again, that was posted early August 2007. I had received my first Panerai watch on the 4th of July.

All told, I today have 17 Panerai watches (one on its way from TWP, perhaps two; and I will buy another DSN for Christmas, so by year's end, 20 PAMS). And a simply staggering amount of straps.

I haven't counted the haul. If pressed I would hazard I have well over 150 straps.

July to November, mind you. Throughout my life I have always been about quantity, not like you, quality.

I have really nice straps.

You have timeless classics. Big difference. :)

Well, V, as I mentioned in my recent "Straps: Are We Done Yet?" thread (I think you were away still), I did indeed post one such shot, 1 month and 4 days into my Panerai collecting.

That photograph, and indeed, thread was very discomfitting for me, because it brought me a lot of negative vibes all that following week. I vowed never again to post a "reunion" shot of either my straps, or my watches, together.

Instead, as I told Hambone, I promise to always shoot a new strap or watch for my Wristies, so that you can see for yourselves the variety I possess.

But how can I resist such a request from you?

Again, that was posted early August 2007. I had received my first Panerai watch on the 4th of July.

All told, I today have 17 Panerai watches (one on its way from TWP, perhaps two; and I will buy another DSN for Christmas, so by year's end, 20 PAMS). And a simply staggering amount of straps.

I haven't counted it. If pressed I would hazard I have well over 150 straps.

July to November, mind you. Throughout my life I have always been about quantity, not like you, quality.

I have really nice straps.

You have timeless classics. Big difference. :)

Vic, I've seen this photo before in the thread you are talking about but even me i cannot recognise many of the straps from this photo.. I can though find out some of them and i am very impressed with myself :p

Bad vibes? I read what you said in the 'Strap are we done' thread but cannot find the link of the other thread judging you...

Anyway.. I was quantity vs quality when i entered this hobby.. after some time you realise that as Ubi says quality is better than quantity ;)

Thanks a lot my friend..

I know you are an exotic hide guy.. I am not.. I would love to have a nice Kwong elephant strap but since I can have beutiful straps with normal hides no need to feel guilty..

I am not a vegeterian but I do love animals a lot and simply since I can find nicer alternatives... ;)

I wouldn't really call myself an "exotic hide guy". I do like to have a variety of textures, colors, and stitches in my collection. Here is my most recent favorite strap. I can't tell you how nice this Bob genuine gator is. Dark Aubergine. 24/24. Gorgeous stitching. Love his buckles too. Pick one up on the bay. You will be very pleased. Buy a gator in honey tan and if you don't like it I'll buy it.

2340512170102340968S600x600Q85.jpg

2006699960102340968S600x600Q85.jpg

I wouldn't really call myself an "exotic hide guy". I do like to have a variety of textures, colors, and stitches in my collection. Here is my most recent favorite strap. I can't tell you how nice this Bob genuine gator is. Dark Aubergine. 24/24. Gorgeous stitching. Love his buckles too. Pick one up on the bay. You will be very pleased. Buy a gator in honey tan and if you don't like it I'll buy it.

Yes I ve seen it in the other thread.. and I am very tempted to send a nice pm to my friend MAC ;)

But really I don't know which one yet. Honey or yours... ^_^