When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stopped in my local AD to pick up a gen Sea Dweller today...

gioarmani

wow - thanks allot !

i went today to the next AD - window shopping ;)

from 1m away - the rehaut-thickness does not look much different - but i could

spot a difference on the CGs - i have to shave them a little more :)

Frank

The etched crown in the crystal seems to be a step backwards in the world of rolex reps. Ever since it made its way in a few years back...IMO, if it can't be done right, leave it off. It seems it be more accurate to have a crystal with no etched crown that one with an obvious crown like ALL modern rolex models come with now. Not knocking your SD gio, I love it anyway.

Edited by bruce79

The etched crown in the crystal seems to be a step backwards in the world of rolex reps. Ever since it made its way in a few years back...IMO, if it can't be done right, leave it off. It seems it be more accurate to have a crystal with no etched crown that one with an obvious crown like ALL modern rolex models come with now. Not knocking your SD gio, I love it anyway.

That is the thing on the gen you can bearly see it at all, maybe the photo lighting is bringing it out too much but would be better to leave it off, The daydate that i have had two of for gifts for others you had to use a loupe and realy search for the crown so they can get it right or at least some factorys can.

I agree with you guys.

With a genuine you really need a loupe to see it and search for it.

And again, a genuine crystal will probably not fit on this one I guess.

For what it's worth, the etching @ 6 is solid lines, and not dots, as it should be, which would make it less noticeable.

I agree on the etching though--on mine you really can't notice it on the front of the crystal itself, but it's really noticeable on the beveled edge of the crystal, as the shape tends to magnify it from that angle. It is, however, much more prominent in the photos than it is looking at the actual watch head on.

Awesome post :D Thanks!

Can I ask you a favour please gioarmani, Can you measure the case size+bezel on the rep and gen and let me know? Many thanks

I don't know how accurate other people's measurements are, but I've read multiple readings from this new SD, which is odd considering they're all manufactured by the same source; but there you go...

I only have an old style, hand-me-down analog micrometer--not a digital one as I've never had the use for one--but they appear to be damn near the same--maybe 1/10 of a mm off, but it could just be my watch.