When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cubic-Works datewheel-ETA2836-2

pauld

Hi,

Quick question for those who may know.................would the Cubic-Works white datewheel fit the ETA 2836-2 on an MBW 1665?

Here's the link.....http://www.cubic-works.com/watchtools/index.html.

Hope the link works.

Yes, it will fit. It is just a glue on part. There are many topics and threads on this forum in regards to overlays and fonts. If you perform a search, you will find all the information you need. ;)

The cubic font will be wrong for your project. you need a vintage font.

You have an MBW which should have a decent datewheel. Why do you want to substitute a datewheel that is no better? The only datewheel better than a MBW datewheel is a Watchmeisters datewheel- if you could find one.

I agree completely about the MBW datewheel, but I would not recommend the Watchmeister to anyone with adding a qualification regarding the potential reliability issues that some members have experienced with it in their watches (use the Search feature to read my history with the Watchmeister DW before beginning to search one out if that is the route you plan to take).

I agree completely about the MBW datewheel, but I would not recommend the Watchmeister to anyone with adding a qualification regarding the potential reliability issues that some members have experienced with it in their watches (use the Search feature to read my history with the Watchmeister DW before beginning to search one out if that is the route you plan to take).

Sorry one Q.

What's the difference from Watchmeister and UBI overlay?

I don't know about the current Cubic-works date wheel, but I've got an older Luenfat wheel that I think is the best option for a vintage SD. It has a bolder font than the MBW version, open 6 and 9's, rounded 3's, and a very slight serif.

Rosnik - sorry to hear that - i've ordered 2 from cubics (1 for me and 1 for watchbuff) both came in a little over a week - very happy with it too - Fonts are a little big but still looks great IMO

PB110311.jpg

p.s. the pic they have on their website displays open 6/9's but the actual DW they are shipping has closed 6/9's

Edited by UB7

I'm with you avitt, I think Luenfat and Cubic works are the same. A month or so ago I ordered a datewheel from Cubic hoping to get the open 6's and 9's and got the closed ones. I wouldn't be surprised if the old datewheels w/ open 6's and 9's are gone, kinda like sub cases w/ lug holes- they are quickly disappearing.