When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rxw Marina Militare

Quarks

RXW Marina Militare

(Rant below... to skip it scroll straight down :))

I got this immaculate MM20 from Ken's Trading quite a while ago. It has been a safe-queen eversince. A few days ago, I decided to let go of this piece to a better home. And so I took the pics and listed on ebay. On the ebay page, I listed the title as 'Brand new RXW Marine Militare Panerai 1950'. About a day up, ebay decided to remove my listing because I had misrepresented my item due to the word 'Panerai' on it. I wasn't intending to pass it off as Panerai, c'mon now. I have described it clearly on my page as well as linking the Ken's website for a better description and history of this watch. Yes, I do know the Panerai vs Ken Trading lawsuit. The reason I listed the title as such is because someone else has done it before me and have had absolutely no listing problems, etc. I originally wanted to add the word 'like Panerai' but not enough space on the title line - apparently I am not allowed to do that as well. Just my luck.

Some of you might know how pain the ass it is to list an item up using html (Might be only me cos I hate doing html [censored] :)). Anyway, I spent about two and a half hours taking pics, uploading them, and drafting up the html, correcting it, etc and without warning my listing was removed. Everything was gone. I do not even have time to save my html. I believe I should at the very least deserve a warning before hand so that I can save the htmls before they removed it. Ah whatever. I am not going to indulge another 2.5 hrs listing this up again so I decided not to sell this piece off anytime soon and hence shall resume being a safe-queen for a while longer. Since I have taken the pics and have no use for them at the moment, so I gather it would be better off listing up here for all to enjoy (the watch, not the pics.. quite badly taken in fact). Sorry that this has turn out into a rant.

Without further ado.... RXW Marina Militare...

60894-34654.jpg60894-34655.jpg

60894-34656.jpg60894-34657.jpg

60894-34658.jpg60894-34659.jpg

60894-34660.jpg60894-34661.jpg

60894-34662.jpg60894-34663.jpg

60894-34664.jpg60894-34665.jpg

• 1 month later...

Eck! Sorry, missed these new posts. Yup mine is 2205/2006 production and imo that production run is more superior. The AR coating is way better. My bro has the earlier run and for some reason, it does not look as impressive. Must be the AR I reckon.

Follow this LINK to read ALL about the RXW MM20

In short:

The MARINA MILITARE is the world’s first combat diver watch, made by ROLEX on a request from the Italian Navy in 1939 (15 years before the birth of the submariner!).

A private Collector in Japan had two of these .. he pulled one apart and made a VERY ACCURATE Version. .. Much better than the official Panerai release.

Read the above link

:victory:

A private Collector in Japan had two of these .. he pulled one apart and made a VERY ACCURATE Version. .. Much better than the official Panerai release.

Well, he would say that, wouldn't he. :Jumpy:

I mean it's not really much closer as it has a bloody great crown guard on it. :black_eye:

One question about the mm20 crown. I've seen a lot of vintage panerai pics and all I've seen have a crown similar to the fiddy, I'm not sure why the mm20 has a crown similar to a luminor.

Follow this LINK to read ALL about the RXW MM20

In short:

The MARINA MILITARE is the world’s first combat diver watch, made by ROLEX on a request from the Italian Navy in 1939 (15 years before the birth of the submariner!).

Read the above link

:victory:

Thanks for the link, actually I google RXW and found the website, does he still sells the watch.

I am no a big fan of Panerai but I staring to like this watches.

Edited by cib0rgman

• 1 month later...