When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Bracelet Pin Tool..... Love It!

lanikai

Got my bracelet pin remover today... makes taking out the pins on the TAG Carrera as easy as cutting butter.. :D

tired of struggling with the bracelet pins on those hard to remove bracelets? .. NO MORE.... I will not be held Hostage by those stubborn pins any longer. :angry:

this tool makes it so easy a child could do it... (really)

sticking a leather needle almost through my finger .. told me there had to be a easier softer way.... and tired of going to the china town watchsmith.. if you can call him that and spending needless $$ on a pin... this tool comes with 3 size pin pushers... for all size pins .. heavy weight.. good precise lever action.. spring loaded.. ssmmmoooth... thumbs up on this tool

So here it is .... direct from Manufacturers in India.. via ..... CALI. ... drum roll please..ok just imagine it... ggeezzz..i :rolleyes:

post-2172-1195094683_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1195094752_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1195094792_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1195094852_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1195094915_thumb.jpg

and the finished product.... sooo fast and smooth like chambering a round that is how smooth the pins came out .. no sh8t

post-2172-1195095042_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1195095091_thumb.jpg post-2172-1195096080_thumb.jpg

my wrist are swollen.. as yesterday i trained at the gym, so all my bracelets are snug today .. tomorrow they will be loose..

A must have for anyone who struggles with their pins... if you don't have problems ... eh, good for you ... not all of us are pin heads :lol::1a:

Lani

Hi Lani,

I ordered one.

Thanks for the tip.

It will be my fifth tool and hopefully the right one to size that SpeedyMoon that is such a real b*tch that I even ordered a strap now :angry:

Cheers

Stephane

i believe this company. "turtle creations" is relatively new on ebay...their watch cases are realy good and well priced.. saw this tool appear about 2 weeks ago ... seemed better costructed than the plastic jobs .. and what's even better the metal does not sratch the bracelet.. so bring on those tough bracelets B)

Thanks for the tip Lani. I have wondered how that plyer type tool worked. I have gone thru a number of the plastic models (even got one from Turtle) and the Omega PO broke them all :)

I think I'll try this one...

I was trying to decide between the plastic model and the plier... the plier just seemed well constructed .. my only concern was if the metal on metal would leave marks.. but you don't relly need the links your taking off :rolleyes: .. but FYI.. no scratches no marks... and like i testified too makes the Tag Carrera pins seem like cutting butter with a warm knife...... " Wicked Good" friend of mine from Boston got me to use that slang.. ... she constantly said it.. caught on.. :D

UPO .. has met it's Waterloo..... ;)

• 1 month later...
It's the exact same tool as Doxa sells for removing links of the Doxa 600T/750T Sub bracelets. Very good tool but somehow i always need an extra long pin to push the lest end out....

If someone has an idea on how to remove the last part of a pin.... ?

It's made to get the pin a little way's out of the bracelet then .. use pliers .. make sure you don't bend the pin .. pull with tension not force.. pull straight out..

• 2 years later...

Same problem here, I have the standard plastic screw in type pin "remover"/"pusher outer" and having just got my first Omega PO rep SS (and needing to remove the links LOL!) Oh dear oh dear trust me to start off with a nightmare of a watch bracelet to remove pins from eh :-)

Just went to maplin and bought the same thing as above the pliers these are branded "rolson" in the UK. The pin pusher isnt quite long enough, ive managed to get the pins out now but i've bent them a little with the sheer amount of force needed to pull the remainder of the pin out!

If they made the pin pusher a bit longer it would be so much easier! Who designs these things?!?!

The reason that the pin cannot be too long ... IMO .. is the tension with that long a pin would put too much pressure at it's weakest point.. all you need is small craft pliers.. and pull straight out.

dang this thread is 3 years old.. :lol:

Hold the end of the pin in a small bench vice and grasp the watch band in both hands. Then gently pull on the band .. firmly .. and POP out it comes. I resized two UPOs last night with a normal screw-type pin pusher and a bench vice. Still not easy but at least smooth and successful.

Thanks guys :-) Lani yeah i noticed it was but, was the only braclet pin tool thread i found lol.

I've got the links out ok, now I put the first pin back in, it went in fine with a pair of long nosed pliers and a gentle squeeze it just slid right in.... perfect!

Went to put the pin in the other side, it will not go in at all, tried with the spare pins i have from the removed links but no joy they just bend, i've tried using stub pliers and grabbing it close and applying massive amounts of pressure but it won't go through the other hole on the link it just gets stuck fast, i have managed to wiggle it through so its just catching one side, but it seems there is no way i'm going to get these pins in this link again :-(

I'm about to go and try and find some sand paper and see if i can sand one of the links a little bit so it goes in easier. Any advice on putting the pins back in would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

getting the pin into the second link can be tricky.. and often times frustrating .. the links have to be totally aligned for the pin to get into the second link.. I may have some spare links.. not sure but it's promising.. I can take a look Monday if worse comes to worse and you need another link..

that pin tool is very useful if not only for the UPO, the pin comes out like cutting soft butter.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The holes in the band are not always cleanly drilled on the UPO, I've noticed. Even tho the pin is supposed to be held by that roll pin friction tube in the center link, the holes are sometimes friction-fit as well! It's a lot of trial and error.