When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam For The Wife?

drop

Hi,

Want to get my wife an every-day, sportier looking watch on a strap - something to complemet her FM conquistador. Was thinking a PAM would be fun to try... anyone with suggestions? 183 (too dressy?), 210, 48? She's petite, any photos of PAMs on lady wrists?

I don't own a PAM yet, have been waiting for a better 212 rep to come out while mulling a 111H in the meantime... maybe an excuse for a double purchase? :D

Hi,

Want to get my wife an every-day, sportier looking watch on a strap - something to complemet her FM conquistador. Was thinking a PAM would be fun to try... anyone with suggestions? 183 (too dressy?), 210, 48? She's petite, any photos of PAMs on lady wrists?

I don't own a PAM yet, have been waiting for a better 212 rep to come out while mulling a 111H in the meantime... maybe an excuse for a double purchase? :D

Just got my GF a PAM 49, nice and simple with date, sub seconds and a white dial. Still looks quite big but they don't come any smaller so not really any choice.

By the way the asian 7750 P1 type in these watches (and is the same in the PAM 24 etc) are extremely well made and finished. When I opened hers up I almost thought it was a gen Valjoux as the finish of the bridge plates was almost identical to the gen, and since there is no chrono mechanism there is really very little to go wrong with these and they should last and last if serviced regularly. I certainly cannot see any reason to upgrade it to a swiss 7750.

Jeez Ubi you just nipped me in the bud there!!!

Mrs Pugwash is eyeing my 111h a little too intensly, saying in an unsubtle way how pretty it is. You must have a 111h lying about: let her try it on. Tell her that there are loads of fashionable straps that fit it and watch her accesorising gland kick in.

Mrs Pugwash is eyeing my 111h a little too intensly, saying in an unsubtle way how pretty it is. You must have a 111h lying about: let her try it on. Tell her that there are loads of fashionable straps that fit it and watch her accesorising gland kick in.

This approach makes a ton of sense, thanks for the advice. I've seen that movie before as well ;) Nice to have a proof point on the 111's appeal.

"Get a 127, 217 or 187"

lol... excitement of the moment

I picked up a Pam 063 for the little lady and she loves it. It has not left her wrist since it arrived over a month ago & she has some nice gens. An automatic was the best option as she has not owned a munual winder and the 2893 movement is a total winner.

I gave her a few fun colored straps and she has me change them every few days. She is totally nuts over this watch and the whole strap thing. BTW, she's 5'8" on the thin side and has no problems hauling the 44mm beast around. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I also seriously considered the 111H for her which is also a killer piece. :D

Jet

Edited by Jetsons

Hi,

Well, my girlfriend has taken my PAM183 :bangin: ...I must say, it looks very good on her! :thumbsupsmileyanim: