When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paul Succeeds Where The Others Failed...

r11co

Others promised and failed to deliver...

45mm Planet Ocean ETA

Looks damn good too! Even manages to be the first with the mixture of orange lettering and black bezel as recently released by Omega themselves.

OK, all I'm waiting for now is the rubber strap version and I'm in....

Edited by r11co

I'm in the middle of my first transaction with Paul and he has answered all of my questons promptly and kindly. I wonder how long this "crazy sale" will go on. These deals are incredible.

Others promised and failed to deliver...

45mm Planet Ocean ETA

Looks damn good too! Even manages to be the first with the mixture of orange lettering and black bezel as recently released by Omega themselves.

OK, all I'm waiting for now is the rubber strap version and I'm in....

What's the lug size? I bet it is 20mm.

I think you are right. Closer inspection of the pictures makes me think that this is essentially the 45mm case that we've already seen previously with an Asian movement inside. The machining marks on the caseback are present, the lug size looks like 20mm instead of 22mm, and the bezel edging has the same 'flaw' as my 45mm Asian ie. it has the 'old penny' ridges of the 42mm gen rather than the correct scalloping of the 45mm. The good points of the 45mm Asian are all present though ie. the best dial print and logo location of them all!

I'm now thinking this isn't worth the punt after all, unless you are an 'ETAs only' person. The Asia will still 'look' better from the outside with the correct movement beat.

Edited by r11co

Flaws that I can find:

1. Crown is too thin.

2. Incorrect HE position.

3. Wrong Planet Ocean engraving on the caseback. It should be a larger P and O.

4. Clasp is missing "Professional"

5. Hands are still too short, and too thin. Orange color of the second hand is not sharp enough.

6. No AR Coating.

7. Pearl is too fat.

8. Font on bezel is too bold. The teeth has a wrong shape.

9. lug size is probably still 20mm instead of 22mm

It looks like Andrew's Asian 45mm case + Asian 45mm bezel + new dial/hands + the 4th gen bracelet + ETA movement

Edited by cwai02

I'm in the middle of my first transaction with Paul and he has answered all of my questons promptly and kindly.

Well I wonder why Paul Aspire doesn't reply to my mails.

I'm actually afraid he couldn't understnd my questions. :huh:

The Asia will still 'look' better from the outside with the correct movement beat.

uhhhh... Unless I missed something, I thought the Omega Caliber 2500 was a 28.800bph movement? As it's derived from an ETA 2892-2, I can't imagine why they'd want to downshift the beat?

In that case, I would think the ETA would be the better choice for the movement, as the 21j Asian beats at 21600?

Ahhh... I see that the 2500C is a 25.200bph movement. Is that what Omega is fitting in the POs?

It's along those lines. No time to double check but I think you got the right one there. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I like the fact that the markers are thicker... as a matter of fact I may just

order a dial to put into Twg's 45mm.... :D

That is an intelligent move. Would be a lot simpler than swapping the markers from the best 42mm dial like RBJ did.

@ubi and others - the co-axial movements have a slower beat in order to increase the power reserve.