When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 027 from Josh & Andrew

sanro

TeeJay-

You are so right. I am looking at an 003 (B series) and a 170 (f series) which both have actual tritium on hands and dial it is amazing how quickly the tritum degrades. The hands look sketchy in no time. But isn't that the beauty of tritium - that and how quickly they lose luminescence. :lol:

Kruz

FWIW...josh is advertising a 29 with ETA 2893-2 movement....not sure if still in stock though....whoops, we're talkin' PAM 27s......

cheers

You are right, my friend, but I already asked and it is out of stock...as dadog predicted.

No matter how tempted I am about both the 27 and the 29 i can't seem to dare buy from a guy I don't know from a forum I just registered in... I feel more comfortable knowing there is a Josh or a Davidsen back there to send the watch back if there is something wrong...

Patience... :rolleyes:

Patience for what? You are not going to see another dealer with a 2892-A2 PR. :lol: I don't know who is selling what but if he has good pics, the price is reasonable and it is functioning you should consider buying it. You would want to get it serviced in any case to ensure longevity. :)

He, he... You want good pics? I can give you good pics...yet I don't have a 027... My price would certainly be reasonable and of course I would tell you it is functioning...

I can see you have never been scammed...good for you!! ;)

i picked up the 29b from eddie and the PR came from Josh back when they first came out a couple years ago. unfortunately the threading on the caseback of the 29 was jammed at the factory, so i had to have The Zigmeister do some work on it with epoxy. but regardless, i put the 29 on a silicone sub strap and it is by far my favorite. i like the 27 on a bracelet. both feel like the gens and i have been in ADs without anyone batting an eye.

tuxonsub3az2.jpg

Shot at 2006-09-14

pam029bface5dd.jpg

Shot at 2006-02-22

ssbracelet2r3ps.jpg

Shot at 2005-11-01

Truly beautiful, watchwatcher! No I know who I have to kill to get one...please pm me your address... ;-)

Now, seriously, when I say "patience" I mean that a month ago noone surely expected to see any more of these watches on the market...and yet River appeared with a few, right? I expect to be equally lucky... But if any of you fellow rwg members ever see a dealer or someone who they would personally trust (out of past dealings or the like) I would appreciate a knock on my door...

Wow, I don't know who it is. But the descriptions and pictures match. The pricing is reasonable. The descriptions are fairly accurate if you read carefully - Swiss ETA 7750 (Asian) :lol: They even have the 2892 Conquistador. They appear to ave almost everything. Nothing new but everything. If I find one of the holy grails I may give them a shot. On the 28 the movement looks good and it has the same 2893-2 rotor. That one appears to be already anodized, oops I mean PVD'ed. That is the only problem with it. I hadn't seen a case number higher than 175 before this one.

But if you want to go the PVD route and do it yourself with the more accurate and gorgeous hobnail dial try this one: ;)

http://www.dhgate.com/productdetail_402880...62827_k_c.html#

Wow, I don't know who it is. But the descriptions and pictures match. The pricing is reasonable. The descriptions are fairly accurate if you read carefully - Swiss ETA 7750 (Asian) :lol: They even have the 2892 Conquistador. They appear to ave almost everything. Nothing new but everything. If I find one of the holy grails I may give them a shot. On the 28 the movement looks good and it has the same 2893-2 rotor. That one appears to be already anodized, oops I mean PVD'ed. That is the only problem with it. I hadn't seen a case number higher than 175 before this one.

But if you want to go the PVD route and do it yourself with the more accurate and gorgeous hobnail dial try this one: ;)

http://www.dhgate.com/productdetail_402880...62827_k_c.html#

I've seen lots of sellers on dhgate and ioffer than never update their watches. They say they can get them but they really can't. I emailed a few and they were honest and told me the factory doesn't make them but they didn't take down their listing. River said he bought every last available 027 and 028 from the factiory that made them. I don't think there are any more new ones available.

The dial of the gen is different from the rep because of the low bars in the rep's 'A's and the gen PR scale is mounted behind a cut out window, almost like a sandwich dial.

This gives a recessed scale within the main dial which is not evident in photos of the gen. It's not really obvious in real life either for that matter so I wouldn't wory about it.

here is one pic more of the dial...where is clearly seen of what PAMman is speaking of...enjoy

prdialoi2.jpg

I'm fairly certain I bought the last available 28 from a dealer about a month and a half ago. But in any case, if you bought yours after the initial 2005 run, I'd check the movement if you're worried about the decoration--there is no guarantee you got a decorated 2892 if you bought them after the initial release. After to the initial "honpo" run many pieces were made by the factory w/ identical parts except for the decorated 2892. This is no biggie, of course, since the watch has a solid back, but I believe there are many folks who think they have the gorgeous "officne" ticking away inside their 29's/63's/27's/28's and who are in for a surprise if they ever open their casebacks. My 28's 2892 is undecorated (I knew this in advance)and I know 2 forum members who have 29's w/ undacorated movements (who didn't know in advance).

Got it, got it, got it!!! :p Now I HAVE to do the cyclops & datewheel mods... They are pretty dead giveaways for the 27A and being such a wonderful rep they must be corrected... I have asked bazonkers (pm) for help as to how to source them, but if someone else can help I'd appreciate it.

You are right, my friend, but I already asked and it is out of stock...as dadog predicted.

No matter how tempted I am about both the 27 and the 29 i can't seem to dare buy from a guy I don't know from a forum I just registered in... I feel more comfortable knowing there is a Josh or a Davidsen back there to send the watch back if there is something wrong...

Patience... :rolleyes:

I'm getting on this late, but, if you have a chance to buy one of these with the 2892-A2 movement then you'd be foolish to balk on it. I have one and for the life of me I can't imagine selling it. The watch is rock solid. Got it from Angus long time back. Tim

Got it, got it, got it!!! :p Now I HAVE to do the cyclops & datewheel mods... They are pretty dead giveaways for the 27A and being such a wonderful rep they must be corrected... I have asked bazonkers (pm) for help as to how to source them, but if someone else can help I'd appreciate it.

Lello provides with the datewheel.

I used to provide with the cyclops, but the last one got sold yesterday, sorry... :(

If you want hints & tips on the cyclops you need, PM me.