When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EMS shipping from China to Europe

tgchrono2

if send on the 24th of November from China with EMS with final destination European country ?

It really depends if your seller has a "forwarder" in an EU country, like a few collectors do. If so, it has to reach them, THEN they send on your package from an EU country (I'm sure you can guess which country, but let's not draw attention to it by naming it).

A lot of the veterans here tell me that 1 month is when you should start worrying. I myself only start worrying after 3 weeks (albeit I live in the US). I know that doesn't comfort you, but that's really the truth. It just varies too much.

Please don't forget to check your country's postal service tracking system, and not necessarily EMS only because EMS is often very erratic in updating.

@tigerdaytona - the answer to the question is 'how long is a piece of string'. Personal experience of delivery times for me (in UK) ranges from 5 days to 5 weeks.

The terms and conditions for postal services should be listed on the websites of the delivery agent for EMS in each country. In the UK it is Royal Mail/Parcel Force and they state that for standard tracked parcels they will not entertain a claim for a potentially lost package until a minimum 25 days have passed since the package was confirmed picked up from source (in other words anticipate up to 25 days as 'normal', anything less is a bonus).

Processing a claim for compensation for a lost package takes up to 3 months to allow investigation. Also, the incident has to be raised by the sender.

For me, EMS from China to the UK has always been seven days, but, there can always be delays. For example, the buckles I ordered on eBay were supposed to be delivered by 'express shipping', and, I know from personal experience that letters and small parcels either too or from the US can arrive in about four days. So, when this 'express shipment' had not arrived on Day Ten, I was understandably concerned/irritated. The parcel arrived on Day Eleven, and was, as promised, shipped via priority mail. It was actually posted on the day of purchase, so all power to the seller on that point. What then caused the delay between it's posting and arrival, I don't know, and, the parcel did arrive un-opened, so who knows. I guess the moral of the story is not to rely too heavily on delivery estimates.