When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new toy...

Omega

Today I made my new SSD wearable! ;)

CG's:

post-3491-1196447998_thumb.jpg

gen inlay and pearl:

post-3491-1196448017_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Omega,

Looks great. I'm pretty much a noob and want to swap the insert on my SSD. I have a few different inserts on the way. I've addressed this on another thread, but...

Did you remove the bezel to do the insert swap?

Can the insert be removed without removing the bezel?

If you removed it, what did you use, and what was your technique?

I may even want to tackle the CGs. I only hope it turns out half as nice as yours. Great job.

Thanks,

Mike

Omega,

Looks great. I'm pretty much a noob and want to swap the insert on my SSD. I have a few different inserts on the way. I've addressed this on another thread, but...

Did you remove the bezel to do the insert swap?

Can the insert be removed without removing the bezel?

If you removed it, what did you use, and what was your technique?

I may even want to tackle the CGs. I only hope it turns out half as nice as yours. Great job.

Thanks,

Mike

1. Yes, it's better to remove the bezel I think.

2. Yes! Remove the pearl first, then you can pull the insert with a toothpick out.

3. A gen Rolex insert can be used, but you have to grind the inlay on sandpaper, on the side and the underside. It's a very long act, I can tell you! :(

I also have a aftermarket inlay with gen pearl, and it click's it in the bezel without modifications, but the inlay is unter tension! It can click out everytime...

For the CG's I used a "Dremel", but you must be very careful!

Very nice. Can't wait to get mine ! Wear it well !

Thanks! :good:

Great work Bobby,

looks similar to mine ;)

Will post some Pics when my PC work again.....

Thank you my friend! But the waiting will not be so hard for you 'till your PC is OK, pre****e is working again!!! :lol:

Gruss

Bobby

1. Yes, it's better to remove the bezel I think.

2. Yes! Remove the pearl first, then you can pull the insert with a toothpick out.

3. A gen Rolex insert can be used, but you have to grind the inlay on sandpaper, on the side and the underside. It's a very long act, I can tell you! :(

I also have a aftermarket inlay with gen pearl, and it click's it in the bezel without modifications, but the inlay is unter tension! It can click out everytime...

For the CG's I used a "Dremel", but you must be very careful!

Thanks Omega. Great information.

Just curious, Omega, which igen insert did you use? The 315-16600-1 for a SD, or the 315-16800-1 for the submariner? Thanks

Just curious, Omega, which igen insert did you use? The 315-16600-1 for a SD, or the 315-16800-1 for the submariner? Thanks

I use a insert for the 14060 (No-Date-Sub), that is identical with the 315-16600-1 you are talking about. The 315-16800-1 is too big for a Sea-Dweller, it's for the Date-Sub!