When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first Omega

UB7

Just got this today and i'm really loving it..The build quality of this watch is superb, from the crisp pushers and bezel to the dial which is outstanding...The wavy pattern looks really magnificent when it catches the light. The finish of the bracelet is nice with good engravings, and its very comfortable on the wrist. This is the first non screwdown pusher watch ive owned, and I must say I like the functionality aspect of it - I'm used to daytonas and BCE's which all require unscrewing the pusher to use the chrono..The only question I have for others is how this watch is in the water? Overall this is a great rep and I would highly recommend it to others...The crown seems to be operating smoothly at the moment but it will be eventually replaced by a gen tube and crown in the not so distant future...Here are some pics:

PB300901_2.jpg

PB300895_2.jpg

PB300906_2.jpg

I didn't even notice that. That's great to have the bezel aligned. It only took the factories 3 years to figure it out. :D

About the SMP chrono still... Every single time when I put this rep on, I feel like "holy s**t". It's extremely well built rep, and awesome looker too.

And I like that it's not oversized. 41-42mm is pretty much perfect (and balanced) size for a sports watch.

Thanks BT - Yes the build of this watch is phenomenal and I am in love with this band its super comfy! The reason I got the watch was because of its size - It was between this and a UPO and the UPO is a little to big for my wrists - The SMP on the other hand is the perfect size...The pictures don't do the watch justice, its hard to capture the wavy pattern but at certain angles the dial looks simply spectacular...This watch is definitely going to be getting some serious wrist time! Does a gen tube thread into the case OK? Is it pretty much a clean swap for the gen crown and tube?

I've got mine from Homer.

Insert is aligned and good surprise the rotor is decorated like the geniune 1154.

I took it to an official watchmaker agreed by omega, rolex...

In order to change the crystal, broke by a bike accident.

I told him it was a rep and I was only interested in a generic crystal..

He said to me: No sir that's a geniune!

Amused, I replied: come on?! are you sure?!

I put my hand in a fire if not! he said

And he opened it.

That's when I discovered the movement perfectly reproduced.

He told me: You see, what I told you!

If they sold it to you for a replication, That means it is a watch stolen and that I can't do anything for you!

So I left his shop in bright laugh and I made me work even with a little help from RWG

This is a very good rep indeed. :1a:

Edited by antomarty

Awesome pictures by By-Tor, as always ! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I have had my SMP Chrono for a while now and although it is a fantastic rep, I still find it quite a heavy weight on my wrist compared to the non Chrono and consequently, it doesn't get the wrist time it probably deserves. However, looking at By-Tor's photos makes me want to drag it out of the drawer and wear it again !! :D

The only question I have for others is how this watch is in the water?
The SMP Chrono is a great rep...feels great in the hand and looks awesome.As to waterproofing...I had mine tested and it failed...but Gioarmani had good success with one of his. I know he has since replaced his as his old one failed...and I would be interested to see if he gets the same results off his new one as he did with his old one.Here's a link to the testing I had done:Toad's Waterproof Test of the Omega SMP Chrono
great piece, I too want to pull the trigger on this one. did you realign the bezel or did it come that way?
Mine bought from Josh a couple months ago came with the bezel properly aligned.

Thanks for the great info toad..I agree, the dial is amazing but the lume isn't that good..Theres a set of dials right now on fleabay...2 gen dials starting @ 30 bucks, both in really good condition...I'm debating, probably going to just get a gen tube and crown and make that my first mod - mabye ill get a new date wheel from cousins UK, do you know if their 7750 wheels have the right font? interesting info on the waterproof abilities of this watch, it seems to be good in the shower but thats probably the wettest i'll allow it to get, thanks again

Thanks for the great info toad..I agree, the dial is amazing but the lume isn't that good..Theres a set of dials right now on fleabay...2 gen dials starting @ 30 bucks, both in really good condition

That is a good price for the gen dials...if you can do the work yourself then you might be in a good position there.

Pretty dumb for an AD - as he could have noticed a very obviuos flaw:

On the gen the pushers have to be unscrewed to be pushed - on the rep the lock nut is just fake.

I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

I agree with you, he could also spot the rep just looking at the pearl wich is pretty good but never, never, never centred in the triangle (for this model).

A Bezel bad replicated make me nervous, that is the kind of flaw I can't stand.

I bought 3 inserts on the bay before I had a correct one, according to my eyes.

Edited by antomarty

Pretty dumb for an AD - as he could have noticed a very obviuos flaw:

On the gen the pushers have to be unscrewed to be pushed - on the rep the lock nut is just fake.

Yup...AND:

- Gen uses pins not screws on bracelet

- Caseback looks totally different...the engraving of the wave pattern has a much different feel to it than the rep

- and as said below, the bezel pearl position is a big give away...

BUT...remember, AD salespeople are not in the know for the most part, on the nuances of spotting reps...more on the nuances of purveying a lifestyle...

I got some questions about the SMP Chrono, specifically its mod-ability. Can anyone answer these questions for me?

1. Are the pushers like the Gen or not? I'm hearing some conflicting things. Some claim that the pushers are just like the gen in that they do not need unscrewing and that Omega make a tool specifically to unscrew and remove the pusher assembly, others say differently. If it's not like the gen, can the pushers be removed and gen pushers installed?

2. I'm none too happy about the pearl not being centred in the triangle. Can a Gen insert be installed? Is the insert the same as a standrd non-chrono SMP?

3. Is the caseback interchangeable with a Gen caseback?