When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Size comparison ?

kenmasters

Hi folks,

I'm interested in a PAM... but i fear that 44-45mm is too big for my wrists.. I generally wear 42mm watches. Does anyone have side-by-side pics of their PAMs next to smaller watches ? I need a visual :)

Does a 42mm recommended PAM exist ? There's the Radiomir version that I don't like that much..

Thanks !

:rolleyes:

Edited by kenmasters

Hi folks,

I'm interested in a PAM... but i fear that 44-45mm is too big for my wrists.. I generally wear 42mm watches. Does anyone have side-by-side pics of their PAMs next to smaller watches ? I need a visual :)

Kenmasters, members here are tired of hearing me say this, but I have 5.7" or 14.47 cm wrists. If I can pull off a 44 PAM, anyone can.

I will take some comparison shots for you tomorrow, with a varied selection of watches, including some of my father's. PAMs wear small, especially as pointed out below, the Titaniums.

Hi folks,

Does a 42mm recommended PAM exist ? There's the Radiomir version that I don't like that much..

Thanks !

:rolleyes:

Ken, let me bring you up to speed, and break it down for you like this.... Many people, if not most people, are concerned about size before buying their first PAM. After finally sacking up, taking the plunge, biting the bullet, etc, they obtain their first PAM... usually a 44mm model. They wear it the first day and feel self conscious. They get through that day with nobody pointing at them and laughing or even just giving them weird looks, and things start to settle down. They then wear the PAM for an entire week, sometimes two and like it. Then after browsing the wrist check post they see someone else wearing their previously favorite watch, and decide to go back and give it some wrist time.... And then, low and behold, their previous favorite watch is just.... TOO SMALL. It looks silly. It doesn't feel right. It just isn't a PAM. Ohhh, and now the obsession has now begun. See, what you should be asking is this: how likely is it that my first Panerai is going to ruin me for all the other watches I think I love. And the answer is: Very.

I will take some comparison shots for you tomorrow, with a varied selection of watches, including some of my father's.

A promise kept:

bigwatchesga8.jpg

L to R: 15mm Lady's vintage Rolex Datejust; 26mm Rolex Air-King; 40mm Rolex Submariner; 44mm PANERAI 112; 42mm Hublot Big Bang RG; 47mm PANERAI 127 'Fiddy'; 48mm Breitling for Bentley

In today's tastes climate, the Panerai isn't a behemoth. In fact, it is the vintage DJ that looks completely out of place, even for a lady.

Nice.. thanks for all the pics !! My wrists are about 6.6" and ppl here have smaller wrists and still love their PAMs.. I guess I'll order one (i'll have to figure which one now !! ) soon before christmas ;)

The 47mm PAMs look huge ! If you want it to appear as a watch, i think 44 is the biggest i'll ever go.. otherwise it starts looking like one of those pocket watches thats been modified and strapped to your wrists ;) sorta like that richard UK pic :D

Hi!

Hey Barbosas! Again. *g*

i also have 15cm wrists and went for a 44mm panerai, hopefuly it will arrive tomorrow (and it will not look like a wall clock on my wrist :)), i'll post some photos withit , and compare it with my submariner and a breitling montbrillant i have.

One of those must be genuine? ;)

If you get it, please post in the Wristchecks whenever. Be warned, one Panerai is never enough...and the STRAPS. It's like being a heroin junkie with a crack addiction on the side...

Hey Barbosas! Again. *g*

One of those must be genuine? ;)

If you get it, please post in the Wristchecks whenever. Be warned, one Panerai is never enough...and the STRAPS. It's like being a heroin junkie with a crack addiction on the side...

Unfortunately they are all reps, i'm at the last year at university, and the money left for hobbys is not much :)

The strap is to big for my wrist, i'm talking with a strap maker to make a custom one (and the adventure begins....) .

That's good. It's always best to leave the expensive straps to professionals, like say V here.

But I have so many straps, and such a small wrist, that I would be bankrupt having them sized by a shoemaker or similar here.

So I went on Fleabay, and got this.

Item number: 140185476662

holepunchuf8.jpg

It's a little rough-and-ready as a solution, but as long as it's not the expensive straps, it's great. :)

Ah yes, i know the tool, there's a local shop here, they make those holes for free. In straps, belts, i didn't go there with this strap because i'll probably try to sell it, i don't like it much.

That's good. It's always best to leave the expensive straps to professionals, like say V here.

But I have so many straps, and such a small wrist, that I would be bankrupt having them sized by a shoemaker or similar here.

So I went on Fleabay, and got this.

Item number: 140185476662

holepunchuf8.jpg

It's a little rough-and-ready as a solution, but as long as it's not the expensive straps, it's great. :)

Ah yes, i know the tool, there's a local shop here, they make those holes for free. In straps, belts, i didn't go there with this strap because i'll probably try to sell it, i don't like it much.

Hi mate, nice to see a fellow countryman around :) So, a Pam....aren't we all getting hooked? I'm also getting a Pam, but will have to wait probably a week or more till it arrives to the city "Imbicta" :)

You bought yours here in Portugal? online or street?

Let's see how the customs here treat my package....hope they leave it be.... :)

anyways

Abra

Here are the photos i promised, i have a 15/16cm wrist and my advice is BUY THE DAMN WATCH :D

If you need anything else, let me know.

Submariner / Panerai 112 / Breitling Montbrillant

imgp4999kd1.th.jpg

Nice watches Barbosas. I got a greedy and I ordered a PAM177H. Yes, I found one, but decided with the asian unitas instead of swiss to save some money... because i also ordered a IWC Aquatimer... no more spending for me this year !! :)