When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Buckles Thread

ZainoDetail

All,

I realize there was a picture thread containing buckles a couple of weeks back but besides outstanding pictures there was very little information on where the buckles were sourced.

I'd like to see this thread include pictures of unique and interesting buckles as well as where they were sourced from.

In particular I'd like to find a Penerai Pre-v style with a logo on it but I'd love to see others as well. For instance I never thought that I'd find anything with a skull on it interesting but I really like the SC legend buckles.

Thanks in advance. Hopefully this can be an informative thread.

Exactly...but for the uneducated (like myself), where can I find the Logo buckles and sub buckles that you have there.

First of all and most important..

Those buckles are SEWN-IN which means a strapmaker must put them in a custom strap or in an existing strap by someone who can do it.

Mostly the buckles are transplanted by other straps.

Some of the buckles you can find them here:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353393/thre...28Jeff+Meyer%29

Logo buckles are either transplanted from the OEM MX straps or from another source.

Logo buckles are either transplanted from the OEM MX straps or from another source.

Exactly so ZD. And thanks to V for the info.

I had emailed Jeff (well, I believe I dealt with a lady) and he informed me he doesn't have the Submarine buckles in screw-in. I told him he'd make a fortune if he ever had them done -- so to please consider that.

The logo buckles are difficult to find singly, and they're very expensive. So what I did was to buy the strap and will get some handy leatherworker here to transplant it to my oldest Dirk strap. Voil

I believe that the buckles collection can mostly be done by a strapmaker or someone who is a friend of a strapmaker (heh Simon? ;) )

Valerie (the girl you talk to at Strapmasters - is the wife of Jeff) and Jeff are great to deal with. I ordered buckles for a customer for whom I was making 4 custom straps few weeks ago and they were perfect.

Screw-in buckles unfortunately are just boring.

BTW the buckles in my post are:

1st row: OEM Panerai - LOGO - Wojtecki

2nd row: Mario Paci LE - Manifature Firenze - Strapmasters XaMas

3rd row: Simon - Strapmasters maiale - Mario Paci

This photo is old though.. From then I had some more and especially those:

DSC08761.jpg

Genuine GPF Mod Dep - Vintage GPF - Mario Paci

I love buckles. My favorites are Pre-V double Logos (sewn-in), Pre-V Dirks's (more primitive version of contemporary OEM logos), Xa Mas limited edition double non-PAM logo(sewn-in) and the Legend SC skull buckles (screw in). I just got a Legend strap for my Fiddy and the buckle on that one is kick-ass. I will post pics later.

A pic of my SHT-Mod Dep buckle. Sorry, you won't find it anywhere: one of a kind.

280984-279.jpg