When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

All PAMs look the same to me

kenmasters

If you were to buy only one PAM, what would it be ? I'm new to PAMs, and as I look through the pics and styles, they all appear very similiar.. which is fine, but makes it tough for me to decide which one is better..

What's the difference between a 111H, 177, 036, etc. etc.. Those are the only models i am aware of so far :)

All PAMs look the same to me

ha! thats what my wife said....

What's the difference between a 111H, 177, 036, etc. etc.. Those are the only models i am aware of so far :)

111H - polished case with seconds @ 9

177H - same as 111h but with a ti case

036 - same as 177h but with sausage numbers and tobacco dial color

063 - my personal favorite. GMT dial with GMT hand. Polished case w/ cyclops for date magnification and seconds hand

you have your 42mm radiomirs, 44mm, 45mm ferraris, 45mm radiomir, 47mm and 47 raidomir.

cc

i own a number of them and the one that i always come back to is the 192. to me it is perfect, but unfortunately, i don't believe that they are readily available. other than that maybe a 212 or a 187. a goood starter is the 111, the 005 is great with the logo and the 127 is a monster. 092 is also sweet, but how could i forget about the pvd's or the ti's. a little birdie told me that the ti's are going the way of the dodo, so it might be a good idea to pick them up now while you still can. the 231 is all class and so stunning in person. the lefty 217 is a oddball, but beloved amongst collectors. i have always coveted the 063 and 027 (maybe someday) and (stupidly) let a 196 walk out of my life. anyways, i could go on all day about this stuff, but really outside of the purdey line, you can't go wrong, they are all so sweet and the more you get into them, the more you'll appreciate the subtle differences.

Awesome thanks! They still all look the same to me ! haha :)

I think I have to decide between a 63 and a 177H. I like the 63 its a GMT and has more detail on the dial. The 177 Ti is going out of production, so the limited quality of this watch appeals to me. I don't know what to choose now.. hmmm..

Only one... Oh boy... I'd say it depended on your intended circumstances for wearing it.

If you're someone who travels to other countries, then I'd personally suggest a 029a. If you're not much of a traveller, then a 112h is very nice. I suggest the Luminor rather than Radiomir line, simply because that then gives the option to wear an SS bracelet on the watch if you choose :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a novice repper, but I caught the Panerai bug and bought a '50 (47mm)a few months ago. What a monster. I feel like a girl now when I wear my Day-Date. Then I bought the 183 (I think) Radiomir Black Seal (44mm) with a tan band and asian movement and it was perfect. I've worn it SILLY! I also bought a black band for it. I love the design. Anyways, this is my first post and I got a little carried away. This site is sweet.

Take a good look at the Panerai website through this link and you can see the complete run of all Panerais. Not all are made as reps, but pretty much close to all of them. This may be of help.

http://www.panerai.com/s_page.xpd?id_lingu...mp;id_sezione=3

Every watch brand has it's own characteristic design that can make them appear similar. The same can be said for....people. To many black people all white people look the same, and so on. Funny how that works. :laugh:

If its one and only one PAM to get...I vote for the base.....the PAM 112....

cheers

Listen to this guy, just got my 112 base two weeks ago, and even though it is soo simple, its a big it and get alot of attention.

Good luck with your strugle, and to tell you the truth, dont worry about which one you get first, thats the key word "first" because there will be many to follow. I guarantee it

Cheers