When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Cali dial Pam... with new pics

V

After a long time without a new watch I decided to get an unbranded cali dial with genuine Swiss ETA movement cdg decoration (of course no panerai markings anywhere but the caseback where I will replace soon)

The watch has been sent to The Zigmeister for a relume in vintage tritium and blue hands.

The watch has been sent to Greece and if everything goes as planned I will have it next week :)

Now I need straps for this.. I have already made 2 (photos to come) but need some more ;) Cant use the 24mm of my 112. So help me sell THESE to buy new ones :)

Here are Rob's photos:

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by V

This is the first and basically the one I will wear it with the most:

My Vintage Italian strap with dark tan/orange-ish stitching to match the lume and the circle around the numbers. Tongue is folded for a different look and it has a Strapmasters sewn-in buckle. I MAY change the stitching to blue sometime later when I get bored with this one :)

DSC09335.jpg

DSC09336.jpg

This is a more rough/vintage one.. made from my greek hide unstitched and with a vintage GPF buckle.

DSC09343.jpg

looks great V :victory: and of course an amazing tritium lume job by The Zigmeister :ohmy:

i think i will like the greek hide more on this one....looking forward to more pictures when you receive the watch :bounce:

deltatahoe

Thanks my friend..

Keep in mind that i will not vintage-ise it so i believe the vintage italian which is thinner and more elegant might look better..

We'll see next week when i will mount both straps.

And yes, The Zigmeister once again did a wonderful job on this one ;)

After a long time without a new watch I decided to get an unbranded cali dial with genuine Swiss ETA movement cdg decoration (of course no panerai markings anywhere but the caseback where I will replace soon)

Wow, I almost missed this post. V, beautiful watch, truly. It's exactly what I wanted, yet another eerie coincidence between you and me.

Now I need straps for this..

For a change of pace, the second one. But not sure you saw Simona is having a (pre-made) Christmas strap sale?

hxxp://www.network54.com/Forum/353393/thread/1196974723/last-1197151962/Closing+for+a+month%2C+Christmas+sale%2C+special+prices

She's closing down for a month, so those of you who like her straps, take advantage. I bought this strap for the 249 I plan to get one day:

Blue.jpg

I know you like reddish straps, as I do!, but this would love lovely with your new Cali-type dial. :tu:

If not, the Vacchetta Anticata is phenomenal:

Vacchetta.jpg

Wow, I almost missed this post. V, beautiful watch, truly. It's exactly what I wanted, yet another eerie coincidence between you and me.

For a change of pace, the second one. But not sure you saw Simona is having a (pre-made) Christmas strap sale?

She's closing down for a month, so those of you who like her straps, take advantage. I bought this strap for the 249 I plan to get one day:

I know you like reddish straps, as I do!, but this would love lovely with your new Cali-type dial. :tu:

If not, the Vacchetta Anticata is phenomenal:

Thanks Vic.. I have already mailed Simona (great lady btw). I asked though for a strap without holes opened.

Unfortunately to all her straps the holes are crooked and I cannot live with that.

Next year we discussed to make me the exact same straps you showed.. the blue and the anticata.. without holes and without buckle so I can put my own.

Although I might make the anticata for my 112. We'll see..

Nice pickup Kostas. I've been on the fence about that watch for a long time.

Thanks a lot Stephen.. When I first saw the cali Pam i didn't liked it much but i guess it growed on me.

Being a real unbranded one with a real eta swiss movement made me think twice and finally decided to get it.

The Zigmeister's relume was essential for me (can't wear non-lumed watches) so i haven't had the watch in my hands yet. Let's hope with the blue hands and the lume included it will blow me away to stop wearing my 112 24/7. ;)

I' ve seen the straps you are selling but i had this strap when I had a fiddy.. not bad but not something very interesting either

btw If I had to buy a RWC watch for 1000$ that would be this (extremely unique and nice):

http://www.retrospectwatch.com/1954.html

1954_main.jpg

Kostas,

I love the 1954. I found one but the seller was located in Singapore and didn't want to ship overseas. I would have kept all my 26mm straps if he would have sold it to me. Who did you get your unbranded 1938 from?

I got it from a trade with Willith... I don't know from whom he bought it. Good thing is that it comes with two domed plexi crystals and two sets of lugs.

Back of the watch (need to get rid of this bloody caseback):

3-1.jpg

and how it was the front before going to The Zigmeister:

4.jpg

V that is a fantastic watch!

actually with a few more modifications its excactly the new watch im in to!

please make sure you wear it when we meet! :D

Of course.. wouldn't you though prefer to see my gen 112? :p

Pfff I will wear both one in each wrist ;)

Of course.. wouldn't you though prefer to see my gen 112? :p

Pfff I will wear both one in each wrist ;)

sure!

maybe ill bring a case with my two beloved huge invictas along with some straps i made! :D

hope you sell those straps you mentioned fast!

i would take that last distressed one but i only have 26mm watches :cry:

Good choice V...nice contrast to the 112 - two historically inspired models different case shapes ..

Love the Cali dial....amazing lume on those indices ...only prescision from the master...

Best

:fish:

Yeap.. I wouldn't expect anything less from Zig.

I too believe that the cali is a nice addition to my 112.. Both base-historic and clean.. The way I like them.

If I want busy and contemporary I have the Ferrari ;)

I am still thinking what to do with my old case Asian 196 (my first rep).. I don't wear it anymore but I am not selling it either...

Maybe turn it to a 188 for a new look

Is it 7753 compatible case set ?.....the latest 188 dial is very good + Lello datewheel - do you need any pieces ?

FGD

How you can see if it is compatible? It is the VERY first 196 bought from a seller named Tommy March 2005 :o

I believe the Asian datewheel is very accurate (if I am not going to put a 7753 in it).

Simon I guess the casebacks of 188 and 196 are different so I have to get casebakc as well..

Which means Dial, hands, caseback...

• 5 weeks later...

Back from Greece and I am trying to catch up with all the bills and stuff I have to do being away for a month..

I do believe though that this thread needs a decent photo of my Cali which I was wearing much at holidays...

Here it is on top of my cat.. Nice background heh?

dsc09513jn5.jpg

dsc09515ar7.jpg

Great watch, V! That tritium lume job is a beauty! Here is mine (DSN 47mm) with no mods and a great Savage strap:

I know.. The Zigmeister's work on my watch is amazing... I really wanna try the 47mm version.. I do not like the Luminors 47mm but I believe that the 47mm radiomirs will be nice on my wrist ;)