When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Look At This 16610

Tribal

its signed george...

Never heard of watchmaker 9 but wasn't there a guy named George a while back who distributed MBWs? I am only 50% on this so if you know better please call me out.

Yes i can remember too...

That was George in Greece...

Rg tribal

Here is the link to ...

Watchmaker 9

Rg tribal

Hi, Tribal:

I'm familiar with that website. This chaps runs a censored forum. I posted there once pointing out the high prices he charges and my post was deleted. :p

I suspect the 16610 is a TW Best which we can get from our trusted dealers for around $260. I seriously doubt it's the MBW which is very close to the TW Best down to the off center "Swiss Made". His year 2004 Y serial SD is also the TW.

Regards,

Jet

Edited by Jetsons

Hi, Tribal:

I'm familiar with that website. This chaps runs a censored forum. I posted there once pointing out the high prices he charges and my post was deleted. :p

I suspect the 16610 is a TW Best which we can get from our trusted dealers for around $260. I seriously doubt it's the MBW which is very close to the TW Best down to the off center "Swiss Made". His year 2004 Y serial SD is also the TW.

Regards,

Jet

Being that I just bought a TW Classic, I gotta agree that it's probably a TW Best. But, there is a chance that it's a MBW, as both have off center "swiss made."

Being that I just bought a TW Classic, I gotta agree that it's probably a TW Best. But, there is a chance that it's a MBW, as both have off center "swiss made."

Hi guys, I bought one of those subs around September, October last year from Watchmaster9 . It has an ETA movement, no engravings between the lugs. Keeps time very well. Cyclops slightly out of center. Was shipped from Taiwan.

And your right, I paid to much for it, but this was my first exposure to reps. Except for the price, I'm quite happy with it.

watchmaker9 used to be watchmaker8. different George. used to be friend to River.

regards

How come we do not see River selling these pieces. I am confused now. Judging by the pics in that site, they look like they are better than the watches our trusted dealer are selling. At least most of it.

How come we do not see River selling these pieces. I am confused now. Judging by the pics in that site, they look like they are better than the watches our trusted dealer are selling. At least most of it.
if you want a tw best eddie lee is your man. i have a tt rolsium ym and a tt sub from him and they are both tw best.

I'm pretty sure Roger is the name of the guy at watchmaker9. From what I read over at trc, Roger and River used to be partners back in the day, then they had a falling out of sorts. The stock from watchmaker is solid though. I got the SD from a fellow member and it originally came from Roger a couple years ago. This rep is great, nice and thick...it feels solid on my wrist. The only flaw that bugs me is the date font...and the dial printing is a little week but this is one of the few sd's with the correct caseback thickness and pretty damn near close crystal height. These are the 2 main flaws that plague the current stock of sd's.

Its interesting to get a range of views on this site. My memory was that Roger took umbrage to some quite reasonable questions, which I and a couple of others posted on his forum ( maybe 3 years ago)

Yes we were deleted- so regardless of what he may have had available- I deleted him from my "favourites".

In fairness- this is the 1st time I can recollect- anyone posting that they had done business.

As always-

Caveat Emptor.

Offshore

I'm not sure what the differences are between the MBW and TW classic 16610. They use the same case, dial, solid mid link bracelet, bezel assembly and of course, movement. I have the TW and seen many photos of the MBW. The MBW probably has better quality control but I have never had any issues with my TW. It's a very solid & quality piece.

Perhaps someday, the manufacturer with opt for a more accurate dial with a centered "Swiss Made". B)

HighDef, River carried the classic TW best models in the past and perhaps still does. Eddie has them and it remains his favorite Sub.

Jet

Edited by Jetsons

• 3 weeks later...

i´ve been told about George too, a Germany based dealer.

Very nice watches, but expensive indeed.

Also he carries the tw ap jumbo, the one which was out of stock....

He carried out a very agressive advertising, using google adwords, you entered rolex and it showed.

It's a TW Classic. M and m don't align, bad pearl and those "pimpled" hour markers... and lousy dial. OK rep but nothing to write a song about.

Edited by By-Tor

i am more impressed with this SD: ...SD...

Still has its flaws... but is very sharp and can be turned into something nice... better HEL valve... better aligned case holes...

With these people having communication with this manufacturer... you would think they would put a thicker bezel on it...

PP

Edited by poopypants

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys thought i would chime in, even though Iam a new to these forums.

I have purchased from Watchmaker9 i have a TT sub and a standard sub, both are excellent quality, i would say they are what you call MBW. I have compared them to the dealers watches here as i have bough a few subs and iam sorry to say they do not even come close, the weight and feel and quality of Watchmaker surpasses our dealers here. The print on the dial is better under a loup, date font is correct, nice tight strong bezel click, nice polished deep rehualt, saffire crystal is better quality and raised, and most of all the case seems better finished and feels weighs heavier than my subs from our dealers here.

MY two tone is solid 18crt gold bezel and midlinks on the band, and crown waterproof to 200 meters i have had it tested at my watchmaker, also each watch is individually assembled and serviced when you make an order and they come with a money back 12 month warrenty. None of our dealers can offer this.

I have allways had good great customer service from them and shiiping has allways been fast, i cannot say a bad word about them, unlike our dealers here where i have recived the wrong watch, and most of the time with faults on them that i have to be sent them back, thus the low prices, you get what you pay for. I donot mind paying extra for a perfect example.

Just thought i would share my experince with them.

Ed

Hi Guys thought i would chime in, even though Iam a new to these forums.

I have purchased from Watchmaker9 i have a TT sub and a standard sub, both are excellent quality, i would say they are what you call MBW. I have compared them to the dealers watches here as i have bough a few subs and iam sorry to say they do not even come close, the weight and feel and quality of Watchmaker surpasses our dealers here. The print on the dial is better under a loup, date font is correct, nice tight strong bezel click, nice polished deep rehualt, saffire crystal is better quality and raised, and most of all the case seems better finished and feels weighs heavier than my subs from our dealers here.

MY two tone is solid 18crt gold bezel and midlinks on the band, and crown waterproof to 200 meters i have had it tested at my watchmaker, also each watch is individually assembled and serviced when you make an order and they come with a money back 12 month warrenty. None of our dealers can offer this.

I have allways had good great customer service from them and shiiping has allways been fast, i cannot say a bad word about them, unlike our dealers here where i have recived the wrong watch, and most of the time with faults on them that i have to be sent them back, thus the low prices, you get what you pay for. I donot mind paying extra for a perfect example.

Just thought i would share my experince with them.

Ed

Thanx for sharing your wonderful experiences with them dude... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But do tell me.... Why bother still coming here?? :g::whistling::g::whistling: