When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua's MBW 1680

lanikai

I received my MBW 1680 today from Joshua.. this was ordered about 3 1/2 weeks ago.. he recently has brought this into his inventory..

I am in no way an experienced Rolex member,.. but I considered posting pics for the members that are wondering about the 1680 available from Joshua..

I have my thoughts .. but again I don't consider myself qualified to attempt any kind of review..

the only comment I will make is that out of the box my first impression was of it's "lightweight", I am thinking this is due to what feels like Hollow links and the pexiglass and not a sapphire crystal..

Hope this helps those who were thinking of going "all in" on this one.. .. I have no "buyer's remorse" .. I will leave it at that... :D

post-2172-1197331938_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1197332004_thumb.jpg[att

chment=18212:IMG_1860_edited.JPG]post-2172-1197332227_thumb.jpg[attachme

t=18213:IMG_1863.JPG]post-2172-1197333214_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1197333284_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1197332641_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1197332799_thumb.jpg

Wow, I've got a gen crystal that would look great in one of those.

Congratulations lanikai, that's nice. I know there are keener eyes than mine here, but I like the vintage Rolex's a lot.

The crown guards look pretty good as well; I like the way the top curve / ends of the CG's are flat with well defined sharp edges.

Why don't you post your 1680 and a Gen side by side?

Actually, what about pictures of the "Pinned" 1680 MBW Rep, side by side with your MBW Josh 1680?

Grey stash ... feel free to jump in and free form this thread.. if you would like to ... I am up since 12 am last night.. -10 gmt.. so I am veging... wathcning ESPN.. go on ahead .. go for it.. Alo... make it a Team thread..

Grey stash ... feel free to jump in and free form this thread.. if you would like to ... I am up since 12 am last night.. -10 gmt.. so I am veging... wathcning ESPN.. go on ahead .. go for it.. Alo... make it a Team thread..

O.k. lanikai, I'll have lunch and throw up some side by side shots. They are your pics of your new watch so I would not have touched them without your permission.

It's 12:00pm Tuesday here atm and I'm on hoidays, so I have plenty of time.

Talk to you soon.

Edited by Greystash

Congrats Lani, it looks fantastic. Not being a Rolex 'expert' maybe some of those who know this watch so well can chime in with their opinion. Wear it in good health Bruddah!

How much was this? The prices are no longer on Joshua's site, since they've all been bought up already when I looked.

email joshua.. I'm sure he will be getting more in.. after he ordered it for me he brought in his "first crop" as for the price check with Joshua..

Congrats Lani, it looks fantastic. Not being a Rolex 'expert' maybe some of those who know this watch so well can chime in with their opinion. Wear it in good health Bruddah!

Mahalo Bruddah HB...

Yes .. agree waiting for the veteran Rolex members...this will definately get a fair amount of wrist time

O.k. lanikai, I'll have lunch and throw up some side by side shots. They are your pics of your new watch so I would not have touched them without your permission.

It's 12:00pm Monday here atm and I'm on hoidays, so I have plenty of time.

Talk to you soon.

I'd be honoured .. but your statement made me think you were bulimic ... i read: "I'll have lunch and throw up."..some side etc... :lol::huh:

I'm sure that it's a 'real' MBW, but the question is the relationship that Josh has with MBK. It sounds like Josh indicated or implied that he was going to have these watches continuously. Is that correct? If so, it raises some interesting questions, but one thing it would do is make these watches more available to the mainstream. I'm not entirely thrilled at that prospect.

There are some questions that TTK raised about why that type of scenario would be unlikely- but cash is king, and imagine that Josh could find a way to incentivize MBK to do business with him.

everyone has a different opinion on what this watch actually is. Looks like an MBW to me... can you post a pic of the serial number and model number thats stamped between the case lugs? that would answer a lot of questions perhaps?

:)

There are some questions that TTK raised about why that type of scenario would be unlikely- but cash is king, and imagine that Josh could find a way to incentivize MBK to do business with him.

Er ... Josh gets a runner in Bangkok to drop-ship them. He's paying the same wholesale price as TTK, making his MBKs $80 more expensive. The MBK trader that gets these made will sell everyone he gets, there's no need for him to drop his prices.

Parts of the watch appear to be MBK but the dial and case back look different to me.

On the dial, notice the rlx crown and the 12 marker. The MBK/MBW hour markers have always been ivory unless this has very recently changed.

Judging from the profile photos, Joshua's watch looks to have a different case back. It seems thicker to me but perhaps that just the angle.

The MBK's case, between the lugs, should read "Orig Polex Design" and stamped 5513.

Er ... Josh gets a runner in Bangkok to drop-ship them. He's paying the same wholesale price as TTK, making his MBKs $80 more expensive. The MBK trader that gets these made will sell everyone he gets, there's no need for him to drop his prices.

I think so too...

Anyhow, wear it well, lanikai... you take photos in your singlet, eh?? :rofl:

Great pic comparison, Greystash... :good:

@ laniki

Youve piqued my curiosity......

shipped from Thailand?

ordered 3.5 weeks ago? precognition?

Enquiring minds neeed to know :rolleyes:

Negative... someone assumed that it was shipped from Thailand... I nor my collector ( to the best of my knowledge) never made such a statement ... it obviously has been implied, but not by me...I am not a spokesperson nor do i represent Joshua's business dealings with MBK in anyway ..,but I believe a mutual agreement with all parties involved has been attained . Anymore information should be asked directly to Joshua or whomever you think is involved... let's not start rumors on the board .. that would not be fair to anybody.

How the MBW 1680 came into my hands was: I was going to order the 1680 from PC and was told to wait ... re: Joshua may be able to get me an MBW.. but it will take a little time getting it in from Thailand, I recieved the 1680 "around 3 weeks after my first conversation with Joshua.. IMHO ... i seriously doubt that anyone is going to"flood" the market ...

The price will have to be discussd with Joshua and other collectors selling the MBW,.. I am sure the competing collectors have discussed an amicable solution to the issues involving the sale of the MBW's ..As for me I am here to "share" what is now available.. I had strong feelings of keeping this to myself,.. so as not to open a Pandora's box... but as we all are here to support other members so they can choose for themselves I thought it prudent to post pics and not a review,as I am not the authority on reps.. members offered to help and as I see it as only .. value added , i advised ... "go for it"

So now you and I have choices ... and choices are alway's a good thing .... :D

Thank you

Lanikai Edit Add On: MBW Double Red landing in Hawaii tomorrow.. pics to follow.

Understand all that

I just thought that you could quash the innuendo as to origin by sharing the revelation of the postmark on your package...........not a secret is it?

Is it for your curious seeking mind ? Or for the "benefit" (for lack of a better word) of "Who". and to put the postage on the board.. ah I DON'T THINK SO... why don't you take the path of least resistance ,.. get in touch with Joshua like TTK did.. I believe they reached an agreement.. what that is;.... you have to ask Joshua or TTK... better yet conference call, so you can stop the innuendo ... I am not here to be an investigative arm .. just posted pics of the MBW "from" Johshua..... not "Joshua's" MBW... big difference ;)

So, Narikaa.. I humbly say.. if you need to know Joshua's formula for procuring the MBW you will have to ask him this yourself; as I don't inquire into the business of my collectors business....

Regards,

Lani