When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquatimer Chrono - what's going on ?

kenmasters

The slevin aquatimer is out, and there's been some good reviews ! So, what happened to everyone else who bought one ? Are you all satisfied with it ? Some people still waiting on the fence depending on the QC or different model ?? It's an expensive rep !

I felt like spending my hard earned cash so I bought one - should have thought about it some more, but we'll see. It should arrive in a day or so.

Keep on tickin'

K :lol:

I got mine this week and like Euno I got it from AAngus. I don't have anything to add to the review Euno did. I will prpobably have Ziggy service the movement, relume the dial and then get the crystal done in the next Chief Double AR run. I am very happy with what I got. I really like this model and am glad they did it. I am not a fan of the Cousteau series.

The watch had really bad lume application and rubish AR, among other things, it was not what people were expecting. Certainly not what I was looking forward too.......

I am sure there would have been a greater amount of posts had the watch been better, but alas it was just another run-of-the-mill average rep.

The watch had really bad lume application and rubish AR, among other things, it was not what people were expecting. Certainly not what I was looking forward too.......

I am sure there would have been a greater amount of posts had the watch been better, but alas it was just another run-of-the-mill average rep.

Well put.

Though i'm afraid i'll get one as soon as the ss bracelet will be available.

But i can't conceal it's a disappointment for all the downsides you just made mention of.

If i wasn't a big fan of this watch i would stay away from it, at least at the current price.

I'm all about hype.. and since I'm join the rep scene only 4 months ago, I've been adding whatever I can that ppl were recommending.. :)

I'll think i'll like this watch.. not only is it a decent watch that resembles the gen really closely.. i like watches that also have some sort of story behind it. I can tell my buddies that this was one of the most anticipated watches of '07. Don't own a IWC so it'll be the first... not many ppl know about IWC so I can chat about that at least ! :)

Edited by kenmasters

I have one and the reviews about it are accurate, not much to add. It is a good watch, maybe not the super watch we were all hoping for but solid. i may swap out the movement with a swiss 7550 with The Zigmeister in feb and have him relume it. There definitely is a double AR, but it is not even close to being a HBB AR.

Nonetheless, it is a very clean, attractive and comfortable watch.

well I was 100% sure that I was going to buy one next week and now I just don't know...I don't see people talking about the aquatimer with enthusiasm, so I think I'll go instead for the hublot BB....but boy, I'd love to have a IWC but, cousteau is too expensive when you have the aquatimer which is very similar...the portuguese (my fav) has a crooked movement, so I'll got o Hublot for the meantime :)

cheers

BTW i got my slevin today. I'm not too happy about, but I did buy it off a dropshipper..

The one i have is similiar to 'Red's mini review. The swiss made is slightly too far to the left. There is almost no lume on this guy.. just a bit on the the hands. The inner bezel doesn't rotate very smoothly on mine. It's going back. I really want a IWC, i may go for a Cousteau instead...