When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ziggy

Now that The Zigmeister is taking time off it appears that his posts took some time off as well. I was looking for the ETA and Valjoux hand sizes post he once set up so profi but can not find that anymore. Well I can find the post but it is empty.

What happened... the whole knowledge base seems to have disappeared...

Me no like :(

I think that you may have to consider upgrading your membership to be able to access The Zigmeister's repository of information. That was something I believe The Zigmeister requested himself, not something the admins did to try to beef up the membership #'s to finance the hosting of the site. The admins are too nice to do it, so sometimes the users try to take some responsibility to either incentivize or otherwise directly help out. The double-AR coating services I believe all donate a portion of each crystal to RWG, etc....

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't upgrade, just giving you the low-down so you can understand how the decision came about.

Some time ago, at Ziggys request, all his information was moved to Wiki, and was to be accessible by RWG supporters only.

Mainly I understand, to preclude it being distributed willy nilly around the net! (as was evidenced by an attenpt to link it on another forum as late as yesterday)

So I suppose the point that was being made is, if one wishes to take something out of the community, one can always also give a little something to it.

Bit like access to collectors corner actually!

Offshore

Supporting RWG only supports our community and our knowledge. We all draw so much info that the knowledge we gain by making one informed purchase easily pays for a membership. Support RWG. :victory:

There is so much valuable information here at RWG which allows the rep collector to engage in an awesome pastime and hobby without having to be taken advantage of by unscrupulous websites. Many here have been victimized and discovered this site after trial and error. The wealth of information available here is free for the very cheap, but for a token Supporter membership, one can gain access to even more info and feel good about ones self that they have contributed to a very worthwhile cause. It is baffling to me that there are so many members here who have been around longer than myself who still have not contributed to the place they spend so much time and have learned so many things about watches. Rep collectors engage in this pastime to a large extent because the cost of reps which are nearly identical to the gens are so much less money. This is the great appeal, however it is the height of 'cheapness' to use this forum and not support it. IMHO.