When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sinn

ajoesmith

I just saw that a new member wrote about liking Sinn watches. I do as well and id love to see a Rep.

WHEN WILL WE SEE ONE?????????

If the HBB was a special production by Josh's suggestion to the factory then so should Sinn watches. Do they know about Sinn?

I think nearly EVERY member on this forum would buy a Sinn rep if they were to be made? no?

:p

U2.jpg

No reason they cant replicate them cosmetically but the gens have some cool features that they wouldn't be able to reproduce, if I was to ever get a quartz it would be a UX.

Maybe Deltatahoe should send his to one of the chinese factories for a 1:1 copy :g:

Im sure they could refill the case with rep AR gas afterwards! :cc_chinese:

@Pug no one has ever even commented on mine let alone read the dial! :)

Rep the Sinn? It will never happen. Rep makers are interested in volume to cover the cost of tooling and design work required to produce a replica. The interest in a replica is small compared to other makes. Besides, why buy a rep when you could save a little more money and purchase the gen? :g:

Rep the Sinn? It will never happen. Rep makers are interested in volume to cover the cost of tooling and design work required to produce a replica. The interest in a replica is small compared to other makes. Besides, why buy a rep when you could save a little more money and purchase the gen? :g:

[/quote

i would have to disagree.

i bought my sinn in 2002 and know a dozen sinn owners from the knife and watch forums. there are even sinn subforums on a number of the watch boards :)

in 2002 was there even a hublot?

sinn and bell & ross share a common ancestry. i have never seen a gen BR series. but they are repped. in three sizes and chrono and non-chrono. and can be had for $1500 or so US.

TTK has had fortis reps. a much less well known brand than sinn.

and there are tag reps all over. a brand normally found in department stores these days. and again, you can buy a 'gen' tag for less than twice the price of some reps.

alain silberstein, anonimo, bvlgari, corum, chopard, all pretty minor brands that i doubt sell as many watches as sinn and all have been repped.

in 2002 was there even a hublot?

Yes, Hublot existed in 2002... been around for quite a while in fact... the 1970's were their peak if I recall correctly...

But the HBB pulled them out of the "left for dead" pile.... lets see what they follow up with.

And in Re: Sinn and reps...

I'm gonna have to guess that if Sinn's were rep'd they wouldn't get the care of the SFSO, HBB or other super-reps of late... I'd love to see em done well though...

If the rep makers take too long... i'll probably end up with a gen... you hear that rep makers?... potential lost sale to a GEN manufacturer... *gasp*

I'm on the same line....they aren't that much more expensive....hell, I've looked at a lot of them ever since discovering them back in the 90s.... and they seem pretty reasonable... just never pulled the trigger on one though....something else always catches my eye...

:rolleyes: