When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Porsche Design Chrono replica is out!

chrgod

I think that watch is very beautiful with original dial that looks quite different from the "mainstream" chrono watches. However, i agree that it is suitable for young people (not necessarily 15 years old or stupid) and I am saying it as a compliment to this nice looking piece. The only problem is that one has to be selective since we can't buy every rep that comes out especially since they are not cheap at all, so we have to make our priorities. I have some other reps in my list before turning to that one.

I think it would look good on the wrist of say... a 15 years old boy, but come on, "porsche design" - that's up there with the ferrari hat and lamborghini t-shirt. Unless you actually own a porsche car, you're just going to look pretty stupid in my opinion!

Big aspiration!

Little wallet!

Little do you know.... Porsche Design (http://www.porsche-design.com) is a design studio that does industrial and product design for anything from car related accessories to luggage to glasses to cellphones. They have been designing watches, when there was no Ferrari by Panerai or Breitling for Bentley. As for wearing a watch with the Porsche name on it.... the gen is cheaper than a lot of the Rolex, Panerai, AP or other watches which are shown as reps all over this forum... so, if you feel you can't pull off a PAM, then yes, maybe one of these might look funny too.... :smile:

As for me - this one is a definite buy

Cool. Let's all boycott rubber strap reps! :)

My first real watch when I was a kid was a 1980's Timex calculator watch on a rubber strap. I wore that thing EVERY day, 12 hours a day all through 6th grade. I used to sweat like a pig when running around outside. Eventually, the strap just split in half. It was hilarious. That watch was $19.99 for the watch AND the rubber strap. Now Patek Pillippe is putting them on $14,000 Aquanauts. What a joke!

I agree 100% with jj69, I am done with rubber straps.

Have 2 rubber strap watches, cannot possibly add a 3rd.

If bracelet is not an available option, count me out.

Cheers,

M