When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Porsche Design Chrono replica is out!

chrgod

Remember this watch was posted as "soon coming models" some months ago. It has finally hit the market.

Seems like a decent replica, they have even made special day and date wheels! Specially made rotor also! :smile:

The speck on the rotor and two crappy screw heads on the movement (!) does not look good though!

1.jpg

7.jpg

14.jpg

Cool watch, I like the "Technical design". However, personally I feel a bit overwhelmed about the number of great 7750 replicas these days, and find it hard to be excited... At the end of the day, they are all the same... I will pass this one, but maybe recommend it for a friend.

I personally like this one...dunno if I'll buy it, but the design is quiet nice...love the look of the chrono pushers that are integrated with the case...this is a 1:1 copy (If I remember correctly it was Josh who gave his personal watch to replicate it)...lately I've been out of chronos...but this one will be the 1st in line if I decide for a chrono purchase...

I think it would look good on the wrist of say... a 15 years old boy, but come on, "porsche design" - that's up there with the ferrari hat and lamborghini t-shirt. Unless you actually own a porsche car, you're just going to look pretty stupid in my opinion!

Big aspiration!

Little wallet!

It's a nice design. I'm not going to be buying one...I don't see Porsche as an horological company. I know that there's a case to be made that Ferrari and other car companies have already established this market- but for me, why would I rather have this watch than a HBB?

I don't know. I think that the rep makers have done poorly over the last six months. There haven't been many models that have been released that I find compelling..

I don't see Porsche as an horological company.

... apart from they made the first Titanium watch with IWC. They've been doing innovative (if not brilliant) stuff with watches for decades.

Porsche Design is a design house that makes a lot of non-car stuff aimed at people who would never dream of buying a Porsche car. However, seeing as people here don't recognise them apart from as a car-maker, the you'd be better off getting this rep if you have a Porsche or if you move in designer circles.

Just received a mail from Trusty, telling that the black and grey dial only is available from the cartel dealers, while the red dial is available for all dealers...

I find the Porsche Design line watches way more attractive than the Ferrari watches from Panerai. The Porsche name is very discret compared to the glearing logo on the Panerais.

According to Wikipedia the Porsche design watches started in 1973 in cooperation with Orfina, in 1978 they moved on to IWC and in 1996 Eterna. The Lemania 5100 moveement was also used.

The old 7750 Orfina based PD watches from the 1970ties have a classic design. With the black case, they are the kind of "tool watch" that looks good even banged up.. They were popular with pilots and are actually quite attractively priced on eBay. Guess you could buy a vintage gen for about twice the price of the replica.. The quartz Porsche-IWC watches are also affordable... I suppose the very 80ties design doesn't appel to most collectors! :laugh:

74a4_3.jpg

The watch is for my increible beautifull.

I can not understand, why replica watch buyers, most of who, do not care a sh*t about movements, even have no idea about reall horology, care about a "non seen horological watch".

Like Pugwash said, Porsche Design is a very well design group at least in Germany.

"Pretty Stupit" is for me, talking without thinking, and thinking about what the others think (too many thinks, sorry).

If an stupit guy, laughts beacuse you have a "porsche watch, but not a Porsche car", you can laught about an stupit guy, that talks like it has a brain, but not.

Regards

i like the watch. very disappointed that it only has single sided ar!!! the gen has double ar. what does 1:1 mean?? if they use the gen to make the rep why would they do just about everything right....including the datewheels, which i think look pretty damn good, but forget one of the most important details (imo).

heres the specs for the gen.

http://www.gemnation.com/base?processor=vi...p;watch_id=3582

... apart from they made the first Titanium watch with IWC. They've been doing innovative (if not brilliant) stuff with watches for decades.

Porsche Design is a design house that makes a lot of non-car stuff aimed at people who would never dream of buying a Porsche car.

Exactly Pugwash. Porsche Design and F.A. Porsche have come up with external hard drive designs sold at Best Buy and cooking knives sold at Lee Valley Tools.

I think it looks great! As many others have said Porsche Design designs many things. I have a vintage pair of Porsche Design Aviators from 1987 and I drive a Jeep. I don't feel like I'm a poser when I wear them. People in the know, know about this brand from high end magazines and the net. That being said, I wouldn't mind a 993TT to go with my aviators.