When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW from cartell...

yellomen

Apologies to Josh and Andrew ...if it came across in my post that I was inferring they were somehow involved in this lie....they're not....and I didn't infer they were.......someone else mentioned cartel....this is not a cartel issue......it's one dealer who is misleading members.....I'm getting loads of requests from noobs who read his posts and then contact me ...'can you get me this dial colour....?........when is the EOD going to be finished...?.......what about the Nautilus....can I get it with diamonds and pearls and a turquoise strap please....PT has it advertised ,....but I'd rather buy from you.......tuff......I don't sell those........I sell only MBK's......"

In order to avoid confusion.....I think that Admin should take a role here and advise PT that to describe his items as MBK's is confusing to the members.....if he wants to advertise them as being of the highest quality and able to take all original parts.....etc etc....he's perfectly free to do so.....then create his own 'brand' within these boards.....the way that Maria did......the items will stand or fall on their own merit.....but to mislead members into thinking that what they will get ...is an MBK item.....is wrong......at the moment...from what I've seen.....they are far from MBK quality.....as were the Patek Nautilus.....and from the photos....as is the End of Days.......just cynical marketing......in action....!

Edited by TTK

Here are some pictures direct from MBW. These are the original MBW Rolex 1665 case set which is shipped with a Singer dial. I think MBW asks around 200 euro for the case + dial. The He valve is functional according to MBW and the tube is at the correct height for a genuine Rolex movement!

Also have a look at the inside of the caseback!

post-188-1198778659_thumb.jpg

This caseback is, by far, the most accurate I have ever seen on a 1665 rep (including the MBW I got from George last year). Not only does the lettering look properly pressed/stamped like a 1970s caseback would (as opposed being laser-etched like my MBW & every other 1665 rep I have seen), but the dot between the final 'T' in Patent and the final 'E' in Valve is even in the correct location.

Does anyone know if this caseback is available separately? Or, if not, is the case (with this exact caseback) available?

This caseback is, by far, the most accurate I have ever seen on a 1665 rep (including the MBW I got from George last year). Not only does the lettering look properly pressed/stamped like a 1970s caseback would (as opposed being laser-etched like my MBW & every other 1665 rep I have seen), but the dot between the final 'T' in Patent and the final 'E' in Valve is even in the correct location.

Does anyone know if this caseback is available separately? Or, if not, is the case (with this exact caseback) available?

that is what i thought too when i saw the pic... the dot is in the correct location... the caseback even looks more domed... is this from mbk?

Apologies to Josh and Andrew ...if it came across in my post that I was inferring they were somehow involved in this lie....they're not....and I didn't infer they were.......someone else mentioned cartel....this is not a cartel issue......it's one dealer who is misleading members.....

Stop kissing up to Joshua. This IS about cartell and DO take a look at the text on his website. The same advertised text as Angus has in his post.

I don't think no action of the admins is required... this is for the community to play their role... and this is why i started this topic.

We can all be asleep... or we can be critically awake. I choose the latter :good:

Sorry Frank...but YOU are wrong.....Josh and Andrew's websites are of no concern to me.....not being a customer I don't frequent them....so would be unaware of their content.....their private websites are in no way related to this or any other forum.....they are free to state what they like on THEIR websites.......MY concern is for THIS website.....and any misrepresentations that may manifest themselves here.....to date....I haven't seen nor can see any mention of them on Josh or Andrew's website.....!

I find it anomalous that you would infer that they are selling the same product...particularly when they have empathetically denied selling them....!

As for kissing up to Joshua.....I won't thank you...but advise you not to call me an ass kisser.....I kiss NOBODY'S ass.....least not since my baby boy was born....get YOUR facts right.......again..!

Edited by TTK

That caseback does look pretty good.

TeeJay, I hear what you're saying- I used the wrong terminology, function is probably the worst word I could use, as it implies a mechanical basis to derive it's meaning. I'd meant 'function' in the sense of appearing like a genuine rollie, in terms of serving as a watch functionally without aesthetically giving off any clues as to it's lack of similarity to the original. In terms of rep-function, that might be a higher ideal than mechanical fidelity.

There would definitely seem as though there's some ambiguity about who is responsible for the false-advertising of the wanna-be-MBK watches. Hey, if that caseback is as good as it looks, I've got no qualms with going with some non-MBK parts, if it could conceivably improve my 1665.

TeeJay, I hear what you're saying- I used the wrong terminology, function is probably the worst word I could use, as it implies a mechanical basis to derive it's meaning. I'd meant 'function' in the sense of appearing like a genuine rollie, in terms of serving as a watch functionally without aesthetically giving off any clues as to it's lack of similarity to the original. In terms of rep-function, that might be a higher ideal than mechanical fidelity.

Gotcha, bit of a miss-communication, it can happen to the best of us :) I see what you're meaning, ie, a watch with the visible parts replaced with gen parts, to the casual observer, is going to appear genuine. Gotcha :) Of course, any Rolex, genuine, rep or franken, is still always going to be met with "Is that real??" ;)

I don't see what you're seeing, freddy333....The caseback still looks etched to me. (Look at the reflections around the area of the letters...They are uniform, with no curvature indicating indentations around the letters, as you would see with stamping.)

Also, the dot is in the wrong position...It should be in line between the top of the "T" and top of the "E", like this:

rolex1665sdss07cuxn4.jpg

It still looks better than most rep casebacks, though...

Edited by avitt

Just read this post because of some forum members asking me if my APROO are real MBW.

I just want to clearify a few things:

1. Patek Nautilus, I have never advertised them as MBW, the first thing I wrote on my post was "are you still thinking of MBW?" which implied this is not from MBW and this is an alternative to the MBW PP Nautilus, the quality is not comparable but at least it is cheaper and more people can afford it, I just want to enthasis I have NEVER advertised my Chinese Nautilus as MBW.

2. The Vintage 1665, I have stated very clearly in my post that the case of that watch was copied from the MBW 1665, I bought an MBW 1665 from Watchmaster 2 years ago and I trashed it when I was modding it and I put it in my drawer until a couple months ago a small maker tole me he wanted to make a vintage Rolex, and I gave him the MBW 1665 case and tell him to use that case. Finally he made that watch and as a friend, I just post it on the forums to sell (sell for a friend) and I really gave him the case to make this watch so I wrote "case copied from MBW 1665", I did not know I did something wrong with this. If I mis lead anyone, please accept my appology.

3. APROO, I dont want to explain but t hey are real MBW, I dont know if there is any difference between MBW and MBK but my APROO are from the same factory which makes the MBW APROO, I believe the factory is not owned by Maria and why cant I order watches from the factory? I can send one of my APROO to anyone who have already got an MBW APROO and if he proves this is not an MBW APROO and I will remove all MBW wording from my posts.

4. I HATE mis-presentation and I NEVER mis-represent any of my products, I have customers correct my mistakes in the post and I am willing to correct them. If someone can prove my MBW APROO is fake MBW and I am also willing to remove the "MBW" wordings.

5. I am not an member of any cartel, I work on my own and I have no business relationship with any of the dealers in the forums.

I am sorry for what I did to cause this misunderstanding and I will be more careful with my product description in the future.

Hi Angus,

I started this post and i started after seeing a so-called MBW Rolex 1665 on the website of Joshua or Andrew... i really can't remember who's website it was. That's why i posted "MBW from cartel" and went on about the details of the vinatge rolex 1665.

In no way did i mean you to be part of the cartell. I know you're no part of it. It was later that i saw such a watch in your collector section.

I also didn't mean to say anything about the AP ROO or the PP Nautilus.

Sorry if it caused you trouble. I just wanted to protect buyers from buying a different 1665 than what they believe is an MBW 1665.