When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

reputable forum and website or scam?

prince458

EVerone:

I have enjoyed my foray and readings of the "replica watch" hobby. It's addicative ... i cannot get enough. This forum has been very helpful and informative. Nonetheless, I continue to google replica watches and came across the following ... asking this membership and reaadership if these are legitimate or scam sites ...

replicabillboard.com

bestswiss.com

classicswiss.com

Replicashoppe.net

Replica-Faux.com

www.trustedtrader.com

www.classicswiss.com

Appreciate comments and feeback.

Hitting the Search button under "Scam sites", Prince, I found several threads with great info:

Dax's recent comprehensive scam site list

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=376144

Jawo's scam site list

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=354592

E.g.: Bestswiss is on the former link. These aren't official forum lists or anything, but still good guides to help you out. Good luck.

EVerone:

I have enjoyed my foray and readings of the "replica watch" hobby. It's addicative ... i cannot get enough. This forum has been very helpful and informative. Nonetheless, I continue to google replica watches and came across the following ... asking this membership and reaadership if these are legitimate or scam sites ...

replicabillboard.com

bestswiss.com

classicswiss.com

Replicashoppe.net

Replica-Faux.com

www.trustedtrader.com

www.classicswiss.com

There are some sites that compared to dealers here are extremely expensive, but it would be too extreme to call them scammers. They deliver what they promise for the price they quote. They may well be 2 or 3 times higher than these dealers, but who knows their overhead etc.

If people pay them, what can you say ? I don't want to sound like I'm defending them. I wouldn't deal with them now due to price, but the few I'm referring to

were not scammers with me. Bestswiss was one example. When I first tried the rep hobby, I paid $ 800 dollars for a watch I could get for half that, but it was a good watch ( I had it looked at by a watch jeweler ), and they replaced a faulty watch without any hesitancy when I received a watch with a problem. That's all I can say.

There are some sites that compared to dealers here are extremely expensive, but it would be too extreme to call them scammers.

Here's the way I see it (IMHO):

99% of those are scammers. I would even venture out and say 100% ever since finding RWG and the other watch forums. Why? Because I found more information about reps, who to trust, flaws, etc, when it comes to reps. Those other sites like to advertise a 27 jewel movement - which does not exist or Italian movements. Some, like bestswiss and their sister sites like to charge $800+ for a Sub rep when you can get one at a quarter of the price. So knowing that, in a way, they are a bunch of scammers pricing their watches 75% higher.