When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT watch suggestions

ZainoDetail

All,

In looking at my small, but growing collection I'm trying to put together a list of watches that i want to diversify my collection some in '08. I don't currently have a GMT watch and I"m open to suggestions on good GMT watches in the market.

Also keep in mind that I'm trying to diversity brands somewhat...and I realize that Rolex should probably be a candidate becuase I don't currently own any Rolex's but I'm just not too hot on them either.

Current watches:

Pam 005

Pam 212

Breitling Navitimer

Omega speedmaster (gen)

Hamilton white face chrono. (gen...obviously)

Tag Heuer 3000 professional (gen)

Current Wish List:

HBB Ceramic Bezel

Porsche Flat-6 Chrono (Red)

??? - GMT of some sort

??? - Dress watch of some sort...thinking IWC FA Jones

Since you're a Hammy fan, why don't you check out the Khaki Navy GMT, or Air Race GMT. I picked one up for less than $300 on eBay, and it represent the best value available with an ETA 2893.

Check out the custom job I'm doing on it here:

Introducing the Next, Best Thing in coatings - ADLC

Hummm...Hamilton wasn't even on my Radar...those are a couple of good suggestions. Before I got into this hobby my Hamilton was the first watch I'd grab for every morning. I always felt it was the best watch I could get on my budget back then and still think they're the best buy for the money in the gen realm.

Still looking for other suggestions....the Chopard was a great selection to get me into another brand of watch.

I also had a Hamilton Khaki GMT with 3 timezones, got it on the Bay for around $300... and it is a very good watch for an absolute rediculous low price!

Other options... Rolex GMT-II or Explorer II, Seamaster GMT, or if you like them a Ferrari GMT model... plenty choice ;)