When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What does Heston Blumenthal wear?

slai

Looks like either a Baume & Mercier or Bulgari.

And I believe Batali wears an Ernst Benz, a watch brand for which he has been conscripted to act as an ambassador (they give him watches & he wears them for publicity)

mariopFN.jpg

(Leonid Khankin, Managing Director and Chief Creative Officer of the Ernst Benz brand at left, Batali at right)

Batali was definitely wearing a big pilot though. As far as chefs go, looks like Tyler Florence has also joined the big pilot ranks.

Heston of course has to be different...in keeping with his dishes, his watch probably doesn't even display the time unless the air around it is chilled down to -29.538509C then treated with an atomizer spraying a fine rose-scented mist while in a vacuum. :lol:

Looks like a Raymond Weil Don Giovanni Cosi Grande...

1 of my favorite Watches... :wub:

Whoa...that's a nice watch! Never heard of it until now.

Not sure that's Heston's watch however - doesn't look like the Weil comes with a blue dial, and Heston's definitely has a blue dial (pretty sure it's not the AR coating) Website also shows that all the chronographs have white subdials while Heston's is the same colour as the dial. Maybe an older model? The case does look spot on.

Slai,

I dined at Anthony's in Leeds (West Yorkshire UK) before Christmas........one of Heston's protege's ...

Snails fingernails with fish poo , followed by pigs cheek and what looked like espresso spittle.........lets just say I was hungry ( and broke) afterwards.....

The ultra slow cooked rib of beef is to die for though ....try it at home...!!!

FGD

Well, I was going to answer that he sometimes wears a JLC Reverso and other times wears an Ebel that TTK has. ;)

ps. His roast potato method really does produce the finest roasties we've had.

I've never seen him with the Reverso. Then again, being on this side of the Atlantic, I've only seen him on his Perfection shows and the Christmas special...holy crap..the Christmas special...my jaw was on the floor and my head shaking side to side punctuated with hysterical laughter. He's a madman!

Alright smart guy, what dohis lab and sous chef wear? :p

Alright smart guy, what dohis lab and sous chef wear? :p

From what I can remember, a Citizen/Seiko sort of thing and the other had a TAG. I could be wrong, but that's what my memory is telling me.

Only once I'd moved away from the area did I find out I lived walking distance from two of the three Three-starred restaurants in the UK, one being the Fat Duck. Ok, when I was in Paris, there were three-stars all over, but ... it's not the same.