When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW rolex sub tt vs new improved sub from wm9

Edwin25

After a lot of surfing, investgating and reading, i see that are 2 options left for my purchace of een sub TT

What is the difference between a MBW rolex sub tt ( is is said that is the best quality you can get) and de new improved rolex sub tt from wm9

http://www.watchmaker9.tv/products/rolex_0...riner_16613.htm

Hope that you can help me.

Regards,

Edwin

Ps the first two picture is from MBW the tird from WM9

post-10429-1199903561_thumb.jpg

post-10429-1199903574_thumb.jpg

post-10429-1199903665_thumb.jpg

Edited by Edwin25

The band's SELs are worlds better on the WM9, even though it's SEVERELY overpriced. Dial print looks to be a bit better--MBWs are notorious for sub-standard dial print; especially for that price. On either one, you'll definitely have to replace & recess that insert & rework the CGs for any believeablity factor.

If you wait 3-4 months, the other dealers will probably be able to get their hands on the WM9 piece, for a hell of a lot less.

The band's SELs are worlds better on the WM9, even though it's SEVERELY overpriced. Dial print looks to be a bit better--MBWs are notorious for sub-standard dial print; especially for that price. On either one, you'll definitely have to replace & recess that insert & rework the CGs for any believeablity factor.

If you wait 3-4 months, the other dealers will probably be able to get their hands on the WM9 piece, for a hell of a lot less.

Hi what the`the CGs ` that i have to repleace?

Hi what the`the CGs ` that i have to repleace?

CG= "crown guard"

Not replacing, just reshaping the insides, so they look more like the genuine (i.e. more likely to fool someone). The crown guards are the little outcrops of metal surrounding the winding crown, to protect it from damage:

000016600BFULL.jpg

I have owned three two tone subs. A black dial from Josh, a blue dial from Andrew and another blue dial from Ruby. In the end I got rid of them and went to the all stainless and got myself a very good LV Sub. I replaced the bezel and modded the crown guards and have had it since Sept 05 and wear it for all my rough work and play. It has held up great. My point is that the two tone Subs are just not up to scratch. If you buy either the WM9 or the MBW you will have to make modifications beyond the crown and crown guards. You will have to polish the sides of all the bracelet links to match the case sides as well. Also, I question if the true blue dial color of a gen Rolex can be matched. Both of the blue dial subs I purchased turned out to be a differnt color than they were shown to be in the photos ... they turned out to be purple. If you go ahead for the two tone choose the black dial version it will offer a closer match to the gen. I would suggest one of the all stainless ahead of the two tone. JMO only

I have been tempted many times to buy a new TT sub. They do look very nice. However they are not good enough to spend the kind of money asked. The end links are always a dead give a way and the plating, at least on my end links, wear quickly. Buy a top of the line SS Sub (fully modded BK Sub) and wait on a true ultimate version TT Sub.I have been tempted many times to buy a new TT sub. They do look very nice. However they are not good enough to spend the kind of money asked. The end links are always a dead give a way and the plating, at least on my end links, wear quickly. Buy a top of the line SS Sub (fully modded BK Sub) and wait on a true ultimate version TT Sub.

I have been tempted many times to buy a new TT sub. They do look very nice. However they are not good enough to spend the kind of money asked. The end links are always a dead give a way and the plating, at least on my end links, wear quickly. Buy a top of the line SS Sub (fully modded BK Sub) and wait on a true ultimate version TT Sub.I have been tempted many times to buy a new TT sub. They do look very nice. However they are not good enough to spend the kind of money asked. The end links are always a dead give a way and the plating, at least on my end links, wear quickly. Buy a top of the line SS Sub (fully modded BK Sub) and wait on a true ultimate version TT Sub.

Hi perry,

Who sells the fully modded BK Subs?

Are the MBW almost even expensive as the WM9?

MBW will set you back around 375 bucks. It has a eta movement, great case, deep rehaut and overall best fit and finish. The BK mariners has a asian movement, shallow rehaut but great band, dial, CG, pearl, insert and crown. I think the BK mariner fully modded will set you back just as much. Overall I would go with the BK mariner.MBW will set you back around 375 bucks. It has a eta movement, great case, deep rehaut and overall best fit and finish. The BK mariners has a asian movement, shallow rehaut but great band, dial, CG, pearl, insert and crown. I think the BK mariner fully modded will set you back just as much. Overall I would go with the BK mariner.

The WM looks very nice, superior in this instance, but the MBW looks good as well, unfortunately this is one replica they will NEVER come close to on the original. When you have a gen in your hands, compare against the BEST rep you've ever seen and it will pale in comparison. The LV , modern sub and vintage pieces have come very close to accurate, but the TT does not IMO

How do you mean `the TT does not IMO`?

Edwin

I don't want to speak for Star, but I suspect he means lots of little things--the weight, Rolex's proprietary gold color, the glow of the blue dial (rolex's prettiest, IMO), general fit and finish, etc.--all working together to make a gen immediately recognizable even side by side from the best rep.

This topic has been debated before....when the first watchmaker9 thread appeared concerning the 1:1 copy debate....the general consensus was this....you are better off buying an MBW because you will have to mod both watches anyway....why spend more money on the WM9 and mod it when you can spend less on the MBW and mod it with and end up with the same or better results....in other words....take the money you save from purchasing the MBW and spend it on the mods

picture025zv9.jpg

I have a mbw polex blue tt sub and until you own one you don't know how close to the gen it looks. The biggest fault is the end links are not wrapped on the side with gold. But the new mbw fixed that. Here is a happy customer.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...amp;hl=blue+mbw

I don't want to speak for Star, but I suspect he means lots of little things--the weight, Rolex's proprietary gold color, the glow of the blue dial (rolex's prettiest, IMO), general fit and finish, etc.--all working together to make a gen immediately recognizable even side by side from the best rep.
Edited by kevin300z

Take a look here.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...7591&hl=wm9

and just for info my SS WM9 , they are structurally the same WM9 SS and WM9 TT:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...1103&hl=wm9

The like "real" feeling of 16610 from WM9 have paragon only with the real 16610. :D

I got 16610 MBW too, but out of the box it's really poor, so it's for sure cheaper than WM9.

WM9 is has the gen bezel, rehaut ,tube and crown construction.

The chance to replace almost all the parts with gens is amazing.

I own both MBW and WM9 sub, and in my opinion nothing is comparable to WM9 case..

But it has big flaws "out of the box" too.

Neither WM9 nor MBW worth their price if you don't mind to mod it.