When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Mark XVI

k2222

The Fortis does look good, but IWC pioneered the "pilot watch" look. The hands are similar to IWC's, but they are not as elegant. Besides, I think there is a higher chance of repping an IWC vs. a Fortis.

I'm just waiting for this to come out. And perhaps a good rep of the new coax Bond SMP. and and ultimate 42mm PO. Then I'd be set.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've sent multiple dealers inquiries about this... and here's the latest:

Hi Josh,

I noticed you have many new IWC reps out, like the St. Exupery. I'm sure if you've been checking around the forums, you have seen the great interest in the IWC Mark XVI. This thread alone has 326 replies: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=65579. I know we are not a great segment of the market, but the Mark XVI is definitely a mainstay of the IWC line--behind the Big Pilot, but still quite a popular model nevertheless. The first dealer to carry a good super-rep version of the Mark XVI (ETA movement, or 28,800 bph Asian movemnet) with accurate dial and case will make A LOT of money. Is this project in the works?

The reply:

Hi,.

No sir. Watch is not popular when compared to others..

No plans..

So... are all 300+ posts shot to $hit?

joshua

that's the answer everybody was expecting but nobody heard up till now... In my case that's the reason why I stopped waiting...

For anybody who cannot afford the step I did and is looking for an alternative, there's more to it than the Fortis.

How about the Stowa? That's also one of the watchmakers that delivered watches to the fighter pilots during WWII (although we all guess that for this manufacturer all were delivered to germans where IWC was also supplying to the british airforce). But nevertheless a great watch which can be bought with multiple options, including a regulated ETA 2824-2, with or without date, with or without logo, etc

1181639554-10997.jpg

more info on: http://stowa.de/

Edited by erwinner

• 2 weeks later...

There are some good Big Pilot alternatives... but IMHO no real good Mark XVI alternative, althought the Fortis ain't bad, Andy.

Sorry to read Joshua's reply... he seriously thinks it won't be a hit? I think that's a bad call, but i'm no watch manufacterer or rep dealer.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah. I don't understand why they'd make the effort to rep the Mark XV but not the XVI. The 3717 is nice, but I find it to be a little too thick for my liking. The XVI's smaller case size and classic design would make it perfect. Yet the rep factories continue to make reps of outrageously extreme watches for proportionately extremely priced replicas. I can't pull off wearing an AP ROO, it would cost more than my car. A Mark XVI is much more accessible, though. Ack is there nothing we can do?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

talk about bumpage...

but yeah this would be one of the most easiest and most sellable reps around!!! simple dial, simple case, good simple ETA with date would do the trick, nice double AR'd sap glass and you got a daily wearer!!! i would pay 400 pounds for a 99.9% rep

• 2 weeks later...