When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Mark XVI

k2222

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good question Andy! I guess only the rep makers will have that answer. They seems to be keen in those Hub...ts which I don't know how many versions they have of it now and many other lesser known reps. The Mark XVI could be too simple for them to rep which they find no kick??? However my stand is still simple....... I WANT THE MARK XVI!

IWC will have released the Mk VXII before we see this one i think, why is it they can put out the rep panerai 1938 before the gen but have not even made this one!

Most folks are still waiting for a decent MKXV rep, too!

Anyhow, remember that for the rep makers, the more simple the watch, the harder it is to replicate!! :crazy: All proportions must be perfectly executed in order for the final outcome to be 1:1. Also, some of u might recall that I had to go out and build my own MKXV using mostly OEM parts since a good rep never materialized after all these years. I hope this will not be same issue with MKXVI.

BTW, BUMP!!!!!!!!

No news ...again. I dunno if Trusty/Andrew/Joshua or any other dealer has read this post...? And since Angus is not responding to enything we won't be hearing anything from him on the MarkXVI either :(

Let's hope one of the dealers finds it rewarding to buy a $4k watch and have that replicated 1:1 .... i can't imagine it won't pay of...

Silix also stated the there is a factory intersted in making it , i asked if it is one that has produces any of the recent "super" reps and he said no it is a new factory, take from that what you may, i only hope that whoever is pointing them to make this, PLEASE let them read this thread and see the importance of getting it right, it is such a simple watch it need to me correct, i am sure we will help in pointing out mistakes if we are asked.

I got a little info from Jay today that sounds positive at least on getting this right, When the production starts he will try to show us the watch in design and pre prod states so that we can point put any faults.

Big thumbs up for Jay!!!!!