When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Mark XVI

k2222

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, nobody else seems to have made a review of this Mk XVI-replica, so I decided to try it out..

Some of the flaws I am already aware of. Minute hand too short, the lumed area should touch the minute track markers. Minute track markers seems a bit thin, The case is too thick. The replica has 2836-2 movement, while the gen uses a 2892.. The replica Portofino has the Asian 2892.. Maybe there will be a new Mk XVI-replica using that.?

Caseback engravings are too shallow. The crown looks a bit too long and with not very good engravings.. So, a new set of hands and a new crown should make for a good rep?

Dial seems ok and the AR is decent. Strangely, the Portofino replica with the better movement does not have AR.

Here are the QC-pictures. Puretime did not request me to not post them on the forums, so I assume it is ok. Anyway I have alreday given green light. I rejected the first watch, since it had "Asian datefont".

Bad light, but I think it looks ok. The numbers and lume looks a bit dirty..

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

Pretty good results on the Timegrapher.

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

The fist one, with bad datefont.

IMG_0591-1.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_0590-1.jpg

Genuine. Shorter crown and longer minute hand. Also, the numbers looks flatter. :

gj-iwc-w-m0036-04-1.jpg

Genuine caseback, deeper engravings.

017.jpg

Edited by chrgod

Interesting, thanks for posting. Numbers look like they're lumed, or am I mistaken? That would be wrong.

Bezel on gen is way different to my eyes. It's broad and flat while the rep's is very thin. That and the short hour hand are the clearest giveaways to me.

If you're able to change the hour hand you got a decent watch I think. Not a super close rep though. :)

Val.

• 1 month later...