When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Mark XVI

k2222

as a newby i thought that this was the nicest watch i have ever seen, and no replica ?

well that's a pity, not everybody wants big dials or 10.000 meters on the dial.

give me a fine rep, with a fine asian serviced movement and i'll buy more than you can supply

greetz

I'm with you 100%. I am among the more vocal proponents of the Mark XVI and after a few months of enthusiastically posting about it, I highly doubt it will come out. You are not alone in your hopes for the IWC.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and again.... why are the real collectors not picking up our hints and investing a couple of bucks to source a decent gen and make the perfect clone?

should not be to difficult with an ETA based movement in the gen and most parts readily re-usable like the engraved crown and caseback?

and again.... why are the real collectors not picking up our hints and investing a couple of bucks to source a decent gen and make the perfect clone?

should not be to difficult with an ETA based movement in the gen and most parts readily re-usable like the engraved crown and caseback?

I know this thread is probably pointless, but it really is staggering. I bet the Ultimate HBB maker could close the case 1:1, then put a Seagull ST-18 in there and sell it for $200 with good double AR. Every single rep colletor would purchase one in the blink of an eye. In fact, they should clone the older Mark XV at the same time - the reps of that one are a disaster anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to get anyone's hopes up, but I asked a dealer over at RWI this:

"Hi [Dealer's name removed, don't know the guidelines about this],

I forgot to ask--has this IWC Mark XVI been repped yet (or will it ever be repped?)

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/3699/iwcv2415025mr.jpg

It is in high demand over at RWG, but there are no reps of it. First dealer to get it will have good business with it. :)

Thanks,

[My name]"

The response:

"hello friend

this watch not come out yet

i think it will be come very quick

regard

[Dealer name]"

There is no doubt in my mind that I will buy this if/when it ever comes out. It's a keeper, and will probably become a mainstay of my collection. I'd get it double AR'd, serviced, and lumed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If u are considering an alternative, also consider the STOWA. They make the pilot watch as of WWII as well and thus have a long history (although from the German side ;-)

more can be read in my earlier post http://www.rwg.cc/members/IWC-Mark-XVI-t65...143#entry506143

or u can save up some cash and treat yourself with a gen like I did last summer.... I bought it through chrono24.com and saved over a 1.100 euro (but still expensive enough not to wear the watch in the weekend)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...