When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Mark XVI

k2222

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any ideas while we wait?

No ideas here... i've been thinking about it as well... but the costs for a Hamilton would be too high and the quality of available and affordable parts would be too low.

Thus... let's wait.

You could buy the Mark XV and settle for that... if you're willing to overlook the UTC caseback.

Oh no guess what, yesterday I dropped by my local second hand watch boutique and I saw that they have an IWC Mark XV! I took a closer examination, the condition is really good and it comes with the boxes dated papers etc. I would rate it at 99% condition except can see some minor signs of wear on the leather strap but that's about it. Price wise around US$2400. Do you all think is worth it?

Come on I need that Mark XVI but now keep thinking of that XV too..... if only XVI is available now or at least told that its coming soon this year then I guess I will wait....

IWC.jpg

Guess we will have to wait and be really persistence that we want the Mark XVI.... any more people that wants this watch to be rep do feel free to bump else wait the rep makers do a technical analysis and realised that though there are 8 pages of 'want' list but only maybe like 20 unique 'wants'.

BUMP BUMP BUMP! We want XVI! We want XVI! We want XVI! We want XVI! We want XVI! We want XVI! We want XVI! ;)

Guess we will have to wait and be really persistence that we want the Mark XVI.... any more people that wants this watch to be rep do feel free to bump else wait the rep makers do a technical analysis and realised that though there are 8 pages of 'want' list but only maybe like 20 unique 'wants'.

I think you're right... but i have time and not much money, so that's cool with me ;)

And again ... here we goooooooo:

BUMP BUMP BUMP! We want XVI! We want XVI! We want XVI! We want XVI! We want XVI! We want XVI! We want XVI! ;)

This is number one on my "most wanted rep" list. I like the size especially. Most of the really nice reps over the past year or two have been giant watches that are 44mm and up. This is a nice size for everybody at 39mm, especially for those who don't like wearing watches that could double as serving platters on their wrists. It would be a nice niche for a dealer; there have to be lots of people like me who love watches around 40mm in size.

They can sell this with both ETA/asia 21j inside a nice double AR and bracelet/strap options but i think they would rather produce for A7750 watches, to me it seems their is a higher profit margin for them when using this movement choice, not to mention as others have mentioned that gen wacthes with more complications have a higher value wich transfers over to the reps as well.

But still a very nice watch, should be as simple as the inginueur (sp?)