When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

dealers getting angry at customers?

arminvanbuuren

hi it's been nearly a yr since i joined this board and started buying reps!! and it's been good times buying reps... but lately buying reps have gotten to my nerves.. with lots of them are being unavailable, and with quality control issues that are with the reps.. but they don't really [censored] me off that much..

the one thing that really get to my nerves is the fact that back in the days, usually after ordering the watch, it usually only take 1-2 days for dealers to ship them.. and i'm used to this system, so i emailed back to the dealer and ask well it's been 2 days can you please check why it hasn't been shipped yet.. and the dealer just went off his head and started getting all angry at me for asking me this..

i mean i could understand if they couldn't ship it as soon as i would've liked.. but is it necessary for a dealer to get aggresive to its customers, just because customers ask something? i mean this isn't my first purchase from the dealer, i've bought alot of watches from him.. and now i really feel offended by this!! because he makes me feel like i'm not appreciated as a customer and my money doesn't mean a single thing to him!!

is there a possibility of me getting my money back from this guy? because to be honest there are other dealers that probably needs my money more than this dealer.. since he has so many ALOT of customers anyway!

the one thing that really get to my nerves is the fact that back in the days, usually after ordering the watch, it usually only take 1-2 days for dealers to ship them.. and i'm used to this system, so i emailed back to the dealer and ask well it's been 2 days can you please check why it hasn't been shipped yet.. and the dealer just went off his head and started getting all angry at me for asking me this..

i mean i could understand if they couldn't ship it as soon as i would've liked.. but is it necessary for a dealer to get aggresive to its customers, just because customers ask something? i mean this isn't my first purchase from the dealer, i've bought alot of watches from him.. and now i really feel offended by this!! because he makes me feel like i'm not appreciated as a customer and my money doesn't mean a single thing to him!!

Just out of curiosity, how many times did you inquire?

This thread serve no real purpose to the community unless we know the dealer :rolleyes:

If what you say is true, then I would like to steer clear of them too.......

Is that not what we are here for? To help each other out in this potential minefield of rep buying?

Cheers! :D

Edited by Mickey Padge

This thread serve no real purpose to the community unless we know the dealer :rolleyes:

If what you say is true, then I would like to steer clear of them too.......

Is that not what we are here for? To help each other out in this potential minefield of rep buying?

Cheers! :D

mickey what i'm saying is true but it's my experience :D.. other people have good experience with the dealer ( i know this because he does have alot of happy customers ).. and what i'm saying is not that this dealer is a scam, i know he won't cheat my money.. or so i hope.. but i just got offended that he was very aggresive to me and i just want to rant!!

but for me next time no more buying from him!!

No need to know the name of the dealer, Arminvanbuuren :)

But to answer your question, i've had no dealer being verbaly agressive ate me... but i haven't hardly any watch in the past year, hahaha. What i do notice is that they post less on the boards, are less informative about new watches to come out, less talk about how a watch is made, less responsive when i asked a question, etc... looks like they are incredibly busy and it's noticeble...

Well.... dealers are just humans.

Never been to a restaurant where the waitress served you bad? It just happens.. :)

it's different you know! i wish this was a restaurant :p.. if this was a restaurant and he's being rude i'd stick my thumb up his you know what and spin him around 10 times! but hey.. what can you do? this is the cyberworld after all eh? :p

i dont respond well to that kind of treatment. if i were you i would get a refund and go with another dealer which is more appreciative of your funds and business. just my 2 cents!

i asked but he said the watch is outbound and is already sent to his people to ship it to me last night.. and for me to leave him alone.. but it still hasn't came up on the tracking site.. so hopefully he's telling the truth and should come up soon :D

but meh like i said assasi9.. next time i won't be buying from this guy anymore.. that outburst shocked me :(

I think I may know to which dealer you are refering. I also had a rude and angry response from this dealer after I had purchased both for myself anf others about 20 reps just before Christmas. One of these packages was lost by the delivery service this end [they admitted fault] and the dealers reply was onlong the lines of "So what the f**k. A parcel gets lost by ********** and all of a sudden it's my problem!"

This indeed IS the sender's problem as if I sent something and it was lost or stolen in the post, the onus is on me to replace the goods or refund the buyer as it's only the sender that pays postal insurance when sending. OK for certain reasons they far undervalue packages when sending, but they know the risks involved and make enough profit on the parcels that don't go missing

LOL

from the 20 reps he sould have made enough profit to replace the package like even ruby ( lowest prices, period) does!

o0o0o next time i should go with ruby.. does ruby have that lagging time with shipping her stuff? king used to be cheap and ships straight away! but now she jacks up her price.. and angus is really quick too but damn he doesn't have noob YM.. ttk doesn't take paypal :(.. reg is in england :(.. which dealer should i go with next? :o any suggestion? i was thinking of going with ruby but how is she as a dealer? does she do this "I'LL SEND IT IN A MONTH BECAUSE OF QC?" thing? :p

Well.... dealers are just humans.

Never been to a restaurant where the waitress served you bad? It just happens.. :)

not in america, in germany, yes, in france, yes, but never in america. they would get fired/replaced instantly. in america i gladly tip 20%

edit: the dealer is either joshua or andrew, is that so hard to figure out? oh my god, i just said it, i hope the candy man wont come now!!!

Edited by slay

There are always two sides to every story. Perhaps the inquiry was made in a demanding manner or the vendor was knee deep in orders for the Christmas season and unable to ship as quickly as normal. :unsure: Since we don't know all the circumstances, we shouldn't rush to judgment. Hopfully the vendor in question will step up to offer his/her side of this story.

i asked but he said the watch is outbound and is already sent to his people to ship it to me last night.. and for me to leave him alone.. but it still hasn't came up on the tracking site.. so hopefully he's telling the truth and should come up soon :D

but meh like i said assasi9.. next time i won't be buying from this guy anymore.. that outburst shocked me :(

Sorry to hear about the bad transaction. I was going to suggest, that if you're not happy with their attitude, to cancel the order, ask for a refund, and go to another dealer, but, as the parcel is (supposedly) on it's way, you don't really have that option... It could go one of two ways... Either you could be generous, give the dealer the benefit of the doubt that they were having a bad day, and you got the brunt of it, or, you could simply take your business to someone else in future. On principle, if I'm not happy with the service in a store, I do not go in it again unless there has been a change in management/staff. A lot of people have been brought up with, and brainwashed by, the notion that "The Customer is King!!!". As someone who has worked in both sales and management the retail industry, I can honestly say that that is BS. For example, several years ago, when I was managing a video store, a person had run up a

Edited by TeeJay

There are always two sides to every story. Perhaps the inquiry was made in a demanding manner or the vendor was knee deep in orders for the Christmas season and unable to ship as quickly as normal. :unsure: Since we don't know all the circumstances, we shouldn't rush to judgment. Hopfully the vendor in question will step up to offer his/her side of this story.

well this is what i asked.

hi xxx, thanks for the tracking number you gave me.. however it has been 2 days since you gave me it and until today it still hasn't worked on both ems and austpost site.. it's very unusual as these things do normally update within 24 hrs or so.. eventhough i still believe it's too soon to tell.. so if you don't mind would you be able to check on what happened.. thanks

i think that sounds polite enough..

and to neill.. sorry man but western union is too expensive.. the reason i wanted YM was that because of it's cheap nature.. in aus they wanted to charge $35 per transaction..

moneybookers is the same in aus infact they wanted $29!

Edited by arminvanbuuren

well this is what i asked.

hi xxx, thanks for the tracking number you gave me.. however it has been 2 days since you gave me it and until today it still hasn't worked on both ems and austpost site.. it's very unusual as these things do normally update within 24 hrs or so.. eventhough i still believe it's too soon to tell.. so if you don't mind would you be able to check on what happened.. thanks

i think that sounds polite enough..

Certainly polite enough. Have to admit, EMS as a company has been known to not update it's info regularly, but, they do still get the goods delivered on time... I hope the issue gets worked out satisfactorily :)

Sorry to hear about the bad transaction. I was going to suggest, that if you're not happy with their attitude, to cancel the order, ask for a refund, and go to another dealer, but, as the parcel is (supposedly) on it's way, you don't really have that option... It could go one of two ways... Either you could be generous, give the dealer the benefit of the doubt that they were having a bad day, and you got the brunt of it, or, you could simply take your business to someone else in future. On principle, if I'm not happy with the service in a store, I do not go in it again unless there has been a change in management/staff. A lot of people have been brought up with, and brainwashed by, the notion that "The Customer is King!!!". As someone who has worked in both sales and management the retail industry, I can honestly say that that is BS. For example, several years ago, when I was managing a video store, a person had run up a

Certainly polite enough. Have to admit, EMS as a company has been known to not update it's info regularly, but, they do still get the goods delivered on time... I hope the issue gets worked out satisfactorily :)

mm hmm.. i hope so too.. but i'm sure it will get resolved EVENTUALLY.. eventhough i paid premium price compared to other dealer for this dealer's (QUICK, OMGOMGOMG FASTEST service IN THE WORLD) but still it's slower than if i bought from other people and a lil bit of abuse too that is..

ohh and to neill.. for a sec i thought of trying to get a refund and buy from you.. but sorry mate.. the dealer now is claiming that he's sent it to his forwarder 'last night'.. so yeah i'd give it 2 more days.. if the site is still not updating.. then i will definitely ask for a refund and buy from someone else.. but don't get angry on me neill like this dealer.. because i would hate that