When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO..genuine dial; crystal; crown vs. Rep

lanikai

First , thank you to Ziggy and J** for my modded PO.. i love it :wub: .. but then again what's not to like after the trip to the best team in Canada :lol:

The genuine parts went on my PO white numeral piece, here's some shots to compare the genuine parts to the rep version.,.

post-2172-1200453601_thumb.jpg right away you can notice the obvious . althought the replication is IMHO awesome .. the genuine dial speaks for itself.. CRISP, CLEAN lines.. notice also no reflection in the crystal

post-2172-1200453578_thumb.jpg the lower crown is the rep.. the genuine looks to be a bit flatter and not as coned where the logo is.. but they did a better job with the rep crown than with the SMP rep crown..IMO

post-2172-1200454126_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1200454168_thumb.jpg

the clarity in the genuine crystal is obvious .. that's not to say the rep is not good..

post-2172-1200454365_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1200454397_thumb.jpg again ,.. clarity and no reflections in the crystal.. the AR is not "heavy" you really cannot see a lot of hue.. but minimal refraction or reflection in it..

post-2172-1200454527_thumb.jpg the rep PO IMHO is one of the best Lumes out of the box .. but then again there is the genuine lume. crisp..

thanks for viewing..

Lani

post-2172-1200454325_thumb.jpg

Very nice!

Congratulations.

How did the gen tube/crown fit the rep?

Didn't you need some "cement" or something there?

Ziggy did the mod and yes, that is what he said he did.. rather have the genuine in there though than the rep.. for practical purpose..

Lanikai-

Thanks for the informative post. I had done the dial and crown as well on one. That crystal does make a big difference though. Wear it well.

Thank you and yes, i remember pics, and the conversation we had regarding the genuine bezel... ... wear yours well also W...

Nice comparison. What all did you get done to your? Thinking about a similar project.

the dial is now genuine as is the crown and tube... the later for precautionary measures as the rep crown on the omegas are prone to failure..

the crystal is genuine.. the hands are the rep version as I was advised by Ziggy that they are no different from the genuine but he did have to lume the hands and pearl to match the dial.. I did not replace the bezel as I believe the rep bezel is accurate.. and if I did the cost would have been fast approaching a used genuine.

• 3 weeks later...
It looks like it should be Omega Sapphire Crystal 062SB3063 for the 45.5 mm PO. Case number is 168.1650. The only thing that bothers me about the crystal part number though is the SB instead of SA... The A is for AR.

The SB crystal from Ofrei is the same double AR that the original has. I think I was the first to get one and verify this last August.

Just bought a gen 42mm PO tonight and the quality is fantastic. The reps are good and with the gen parts fitted they are very good but the gen just has an overall more crisp and refined edge to it.

Your PO looks superb now with the mods and The Zigmeister's work is always exceptional, enjoy!! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the post Lan, really interesting stuff!

Thanks A.... an upcoming project will be the orange (pumpkin) .. but on the bezel i think only the genuine bezel will do as the orange peral tint is not up to stuff on the rep.

i tried the after market insert.. the colour is pretty much spot on, but due to the fact that the genuine is a fraction smaller in diameter the insert does not fit tightly in the bezel.. just enough of a space to really bother me.. so after sanding the insert thin enough for it to be flush with the bezel.. oh well .. so it's on to the genuine for that one.. plus the dial, the crystal is being double AR'd now so I will do a side by side with the genuine crystal in a couple of months.. the dial will be genuine also..