When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Incoming: These two beauties

HauteHippie

No way! One is the Savage British tan. A beauty which Savage made for me (I had planned to feature it in my last Great Panerai Strap Caper). He said I got the last one, because he ran out of hide.

Great to see he's got more.

The last one...looks like a Micah? It's very nice either way, CT. You've got great taste, and that's because it's the same as mine. :lol:

EDIT: The Brindle, oh very nice. Not very popular, and that's a GOOD thing. Like Micah's Pale Rider, he's only ever made two and one is mine!

pam118prlongsf9.jpg

No way! One is the Savage British tan. A beauty which Savage made for me (I had planned to feature it in my last Great Panerai Strap Caper). He said I got the last one, because he ran out of hide.

Great to see he's got more.

Victoria-

It's a different hide than yours. A little less orange hence the change in name from British Tan to Saddle Tan. I've not been able to get any more of the other and you did, in fact, get the last one.

All the best!

Savage

Victoria-

It's a different hide than yours. A little less orange hence the change in name from British Tan to Saddle Tan. I've not been able to get any more of the other and you did, in fact, get the last one.

Fittingly perhaps. The British girl got the last British Tan. ;)

Good to see that you have a similar one though, Savage. I have wanted to get another for the Fiddy, and at least the forum knows you have one.

Anything else new hide-wise? I'm thinking of getting something from you and Tootall soon.

@Sav below: "Informative" rating. Thanks!

Fittingly perhaps. The British girl got the last British Tan. ;)

Good to see that you have a similar one though, Savage. I have wanted to get another for the Fiddy, and at least the forum knows you have one.

Anything else new hide-wise? I'm thinking of getting something from you and Tootall soon.

Yes, actually. I have at least two new hides coming in. One should be here within a week or so and the other probably 2-3 weeks. I'll post something when I can get some pics. I have samples, but you never know exactly about dye lots etc. So, I don't want to post and then have the actual hide be slightly different.

Savage

The Brindle arrived and I've had it on my 196 for a couple days now... It's slightly stiffer than some of his other straps, but not too stuff and plenty comfortable. It looks great.... and SMELLS great!! I'm almost tempted to see how it tastes. ;)

That sounds great, I can't wait to get mine!!! Especially since the postman delivered a little package from Angus today...the fiddy has landed!!! What a watch, what a watch....too bad that rep strap looks like total crap! chieftang: Did you get the sewn in buckle or are you using a preexisting one? I haven't decided yet whether I should use the rep buckle (it seems nice, but what do I know, I'm a newbie!) or have Micah sew in his...thoughts, opinions? victoria can chime in too, being the resident strap expert and fellow owner of a Vintager Brindle!

That sounds great, I can't wait to get mine!!! Especially since the postman delivered a little package from Angus today...the fiddy has landed!!! What a watch, what a watch....too bad that rep strap looks like total crap! chieftang: Did you get the sewn in buckle or are you using a preexisting one? I haven't decided yet whether I should use the rep buckle (it seems nice, but what do I know, I'm a newbie!) or have Micah sew in his...thoughts, opinions? victoria can chime in too, being the resident strap expert and fellow owner of a Vintager Brindle!

Any buckle will work. I have used Micah's buckles and they're fine. The absolute nicest buckles I've seen are the ones used by Greg Stevens. But I have a surplus of these:

buckle.jpg

I like them alot. They're almost as nice as Greg's but not quite. Their curved shape tends to leave less of an indentation in the strap than Micah's buckles. So I don't pay for sewn-in buckles anymore.

Thanks chieftang, so your response begs the question...where do I find the buckle in your photo? Has the supply dried up, or can I order them still?

I think you can get them from panatime.com. They're the more expensive Pre V buckles... I prefer the screws to the spring bars. They are available in polished, brushed, and PVD finishes. B)