When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

vintagewatchesmq ( rolex vintage dials and cases )

pfff

hi all,

vintagewatchesmq is a website that sell dials and cases for vintage rolex.

I discover this url in a thread of rwg a while ago ( cant find it again unfortunately ), put it in my bookmarks and forget about it.. until i decided to make a 5508 project !

The question is : has anyone ever buy something from this guy ? the dials seem to be exactly the same as j&w, and so the cases, but for a lower price :

i send a mail concerning the 5508 case, and the guy sells it for 600euros ( compared to the 1500$= 1000euros for the j&w case )

so, i'd like to know if i can trust him or not :huh:

thanks for your answers

thanks pitimany, i think i'm gonna pull the trigger on the 5508 case soon

seadweller4000 : yes it's exactly that, search for topics from "tmg" (member's name ) in the forum, he made some great watches with these cases and dials ( a tudor monte carlo recently )

thanks pitimany, i think i'm gonna pull the trigger on the 5508 case soon

seadweller4000 : yes it's exactly that, search for topics from "tmg" (member's name ) in the forum, he made some great watches with these cases and dials ( a tudor monte carlo recently )

Hi Pfff,

I haven't purchased from them before but email responses are hit an miss, the pricing is sure better then J&W. You might also look at ND Trading for a case, and carries a lot of the same stock as MQ. NDT is located in the US, which is a big plus (for me in any event)!

PM me if you have any questions.

-TMG

sorry tmg, i didnt want to say that you bought from them, but from j&w ( my english is bad ) !

thank you for the link, i didnt know ndt was selling cases too, and for a good price. but this doesn't help me, i have too many projects in mind and dont know which one to start first, helppppp !! ( 5513 gilt dial, 5508, 5514.. ?? ) :wallbash::cry::tu:

sorry tmg, i didnt want to say that you bought from them, but from j&w ( my english is bad ) !

thank you for the link, i didnt know ndt was selling cases too, and for a good price. but this doesn't help me, i have too many projects in mind and dont know which one to start first, helppppp !! ( 5513 gilt dial, 5508, 5514.. ?? ) :wallbash::cry::tu:

Pfff, I didn't think you meant from MQ -your English is great! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I know what you mean, I have two other projects (a 5517 & gilt dial 5513) in the works and need to slow down.

I don't know who runs this website, but I have been to the store in Vietnam.

They were very friendly and the products (dial and cases) were exceptional.

:D

One of my viet friends tried to bought in the store with no success, they gave him the NDt email address, maybe they are low-profiled right now :(

And respect the difference in price between J&W and NDt is less than appears, I mean NDt sells the case (alone), for a vintage project you need to source the cristal and the old tube and crown and this items are going crazy now, so there's not so different in prices (well except if you use a current crown and tube just like a serviced gen).

my 0,02

That is way too expensive, a rep case for the price of Genuine Rolex no date Submariner. is insane :black_eye::bangin:

That would be insane & the price is still a bit excessive, but he is talking about a fully-assembled 1665 franken, including the gen movement, crystal, etc., etc. The cost is about the same as what you might pay for a gen Sub. Still irrational, but with Antiquorum about to auction off a gen 1665 with an expected selling price between $100k-$150k, it does makes some sense if you want one but cannot afford the gen's price tag.

At this level of the game, I think you are dealing with pure emotion.