When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Drink of the day.

Seadweller4000

I am a fan of Whisky of the Scotch and American type. Aberlour Scotch, Dalwhinnie Scotch, KnxB Creek Bourbon served neat followed by a strong black coffee chaser. Hmmmm nothing like it when it is thirty below outside and you have just come in and the fire roaring is going in the fireplace.

Wyborowa exquisite... a few rocks with lime... just... well... exquisite ;)

Or Woodfords/rocks

Had a lovely savblanc last night... oyster bay somethingsomething... just beautiful with sashimi, ox tongue, wagyu beef and miso soup :)

Definitely a classic...However, don't use sour mix, use fresh juice whenever possible. Sub in fresh lemon juice for the sour and add 1/2 oz. simple syrup.

Simple syrup is easy to make...equal parts of sugar and water...that's it!

Sub in the fresh lemon juice, simple syrup, and Cointreau and you've nailed it! B)

Dudro, I used to make them w/o the sweet and sour too, but I'm getting lazy in my old age with making simple syrup :rolleyes:. I still squeeze in some fresh lemon for good measure.

3 oz Gordon's gin

1 oz Gordon's vodka

1/2 oz Blanc wine

10z of Raspberry cosmo or pomegranate drink mix

Pour the gin, vodka and blanc into a shaker half-filled with cracked ice. Shake well, and strain into a chilled glass. Serve.

The perfect Martini and oh yeah and smoke a Helix 550 Maduro cigar to go with it.

Edited by Coeuss

Wow, my two favorite cocktails - Manhattan and Sidecar.

I'm impressed with the Sidecar mention, it's so obscure.

I really enjoy making cocktails at home for friends, makes me feel very urbane and gracious :lol:

I always try to use fresh squeezed lemon juice in my cocktails really makes a difference.

tmg, if you want to try something a bit different, substitute gin for the cognac in your Sidecar, I think it's really good and tangy.

Mostly Cola. I prefer Pepsi to Coke, but equally, prefer Tesco's Generic Cola, and, Tesco's Classic American Cola (hint of vanilla) If I do drink alcohol, then Sol, Corona and Brahma are my choices :)

PS Before anyone says anything about Muslims not drinking alcohol, although there are warnings against it in the Holy Qur'an, alcohol is not specifically named as forbidden. Flesh of swine is named as forbidden, fornication with one's mother in law is named as forbidden, alcohol is not ;):lol: I just obey the specific command not to come to prayer while drunk :)

My favorite? Empty Glass + the required quantity of 50yr Glenfarclas, Macallan, or 40 yr Bruichladdich.

Of course I wouldn't turn down a bottle of any good scotch.

Excellent, but expensive taste! 

Ever tried to let a few drops of non sparkling mineral water pour into the glass? I never get out the full taste-richness from such high class whiskies.

3 oz Gordon's gin

1 oz Gordon's vodka

1/2 oz Blanc wine

10z of Raspberry cosmo or pomegranate drink mix

Pour the gin, vodka and blanc into a shaker half-filled with cracked ice. Shake well, and strain into a chilled glass. Serve.

The perfect Martini and oh yeah and smoke a Helix 550 Maduro cigar to go with it.

Nice idea, maybe we should settle a

Now why doesn't that surprise me. :lol:

Ken

Well, there are those who have strange affairs 'within the family', at least Allah has made a clear ruling on such things :lol: They do say that to see where a girl will wind up in X amount of time, look to the mother... Bearing that in mind, I figure I could've done a lot worse :lol: The relationship I have with my mother in law is very much like that between Brian and Lois on Family Guy :lol:

Wow, my two favorite cocktails - Manhattan and Sidecar.

I'm impressed with the Sidecar mention, it's so obscure.

I really enjoy making cocktails at home for friends, makes me feel very urbane and gracious :lol:

I always try to use fresh squeezed lemon juice in my cocktails really makes a difference.

tmg, if you want to try something a bit different, substitute gin for the cognac in your Sidecar, I think it's really good and tangy.

Thanks Rek, Sidecar's have been my drink for years! That's me, a bit obscure when it comes to cocktails :lol:

I'll have to try the gin some time, thanks for the suggestion.

Favorite is tough. Depends on what kind of day I've had.

I've always been partial to a nice scotch with a small splash of water. Lately I've been drinking Lagavulin... very smokey, long finish.. B-E-A-Utiful.

Another favorite is the Vesper:

3 oz Gordon's gin

1 oz vodka

1/2 oz Kina Lillet Blanc wine

Shake well until ice cold, strain. Add a thin slice of lemon-peel.

If in the mood for a beer it'll be a Guinness or a Weinstephaner.