When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Portuguese getting closer to perfection

verbal

Just wanted to share some eyecandy from a Portu Laureus I had AR'd by Jakub.. :p

In an old post I showed off my newly AR coated Portu and was amazed by the result. The 3714-04 however doesn't have AR coating -it could pass for the "Miami Vice" special edition, but than the caseback would be all wrong-

So I thought a Laureus edition does come with a correct caseback and fitted with a nice AR crystal and a deep blue strap it would be a -almost perfect- killer watch.. as long as the movement holds ;)

So, off it went to Jakub for his piece of art and off to TimeZone for a deep blue strap, and here's the result.: hope you like it, I certainly do :wub:

laureus1ky0.jpg

laureus2sz4.jpg

laureus3js5.jpg

And a love couple:

laureus4va8.jpg

Images are direct from the camera, only resized....

:wub: :wub:

Why is this d*mn movement so unreliable !

I've tried many Quartz versions, but have never been 100% satisfied. It's definitely the 7750 one I need... but I'm so scared to spend 300 bucks for a movement that will die in the year.

And this blue dial, OMG, it's a pure candy. Needless to mention that K2222's AR coating makes it desirable.

May I ask what sounds like a detail : is the crystal flat or doomed ?

• 2 weeks later...
:wub: :wub:

Why is this d*mn movement so unreliable !

I've tried many Quartz versions, but have never been 100% satisfied. It's definitely the 7750 one I need... but I'm so scared to spend 300 bucks for a movement that will die in the year.

And this blue dial, OMG, it's a pure candy. Needless to mention that K2222's AR coating makes it desirable.

May I ask what sounds like a detail : is the crystal flat or doomed ?

That is my sentiment exactly. When I first saw pictures of these watches, I went nuts. I wanted it. But then the movement reports came in, and I never made the move, even after they released one awesome variation after another (notably the ones with the gold case versions). As beautiful as they are, I cannot justify the expense for such a movement time bomb.

thank you for this impressive post!

i also admire iwc portuguese; i got mine from trusty more than a year ago. until today no probs (happy me).

i also looked for a darkblue strap and got one from waccex - nevertheless i am interested which strap you got (source would be helpful).

have you done double or single side AR?

thanx,

he

The Portuguese is one of the nicest looking reps out there. It really is a shame about the "seconds at six" issue. I sent mine to The Zigmeister and he froze the seconds for me. Now I have a long-lasting Portuguese that still looks great, even though it is crippled! It was worth it to me to keep the watch around a while. If you are interested in doing the same, search the forums for his posts about this.

The Portuguese is one of the nicest looking reps out there. It really is a shame about the "seconds at six" issue. I sent mine to The Zigmeister and he froze the seconds for me. Now I have a long-lasting Portuguese that still looks great, even though it is crippled! It was worth it to me to keep the watch around a while. If you are interested in doing the same, search the forums for his posts about this.

I think about a porto too after seeing a gen one, if I'll go with one, I'll froze the sec@6 too.. but a a frozen sec@6 don't bother you ? I mean, it look like a dead watch, no ?

I think about a porto too after seeing a gen one, if I'll go with one, I'll froze the sec@6 too.. but a a frozen sec@6 don't bother you ? I mean, it look like a dead watch, no ?

i aske myself the same question, but it's the only way to wear mine again ....cause doesn't wind anymore :(

i also looked for a darkblue strap and got one from waccex - nevertheless i am interested which strap you got (source would be helpful).

have you done double or single side AR?

thanx,

he

The strap is from The Watch Boys, do a search for Kurt @ TZ, he's listing all kinds of IWC straps and it's a double AR treatment..

@ Yellomen; regarding caseback, I'm doing some testing on a spare caseback to get it nice and evenly brushed , the challenge is to get it perfect round..

• 2 weeks later...