When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First rep, Omega Speedmaster Day Date

omegaunit

Does it come with ARed crystal? Puretime's version does... either way great watch! I am thinking about getting one...

Unfortunately it has no AR coating. The Puretime version also has a serial number, but the pushers look odd.

The one I bought doesn't have a screw in crown, I am not sure if the gen has it.

• 2 weeks later...
this is another amazing Speedy that's come out this year...

& it has the correct Omega logo...

this is the Asian 7751 movement...

how's is the reliability issue since there's extra gears for the day & month???

& what's this extra small hand on the 9 subdial???

looks just amazing!!!

So far it been working well, only time will tell! :p

It is quite amazing considering at the the end of the month the date, day of the week and month all change!

The extra hand on the 9 subdial is a 24 hour indicator which works as well.

i too am waiting on mine... its been 3 weeks but i suppose i would wait 3 months as long as i dont get a dud sent to me. This Gen watch was the whole reason why i got into the rep world. fingers cross that all will be well. This watch in your photos looks very very good despite lack of AR and serial at rear. These are minor issues IMHO considering my friend has the blue tag link and and blue tag aquaracer (both considered to be titans of the rep world) and the fact their is no AR on these babies does not distract from its beauty. Enjoy the watch champ and may it tick forever ( including mine too :) )

Edited by 2sweetau

The one I bought doesn't have a screw in crown, I am not sure if the gen has it.

Thank goodness it doesn't have a screw in crown.... that is the worst part of most of my watches. The quality is atrocious, it wobbles around, and you can't screw it back without putting the date forward by one. Be HAPPY you didn't get the screw-in-crown because it just plain stinks.

So far it been working well, only time will tell! :p

It is quite amazing considering at the the end of the month the date, day of the week and month all change!

The extra hand on the 9 subdial is a 24 hour indicator which works as well.

What you are saying is truly amazing! I really love this watch and will get it very shortly as soon as my dealer gets it!

Until now I thought that at the end of the month I will have one more job to perform but if what you are saying is true then this is great!

Actually isnt this movement exactly the same as in the Breitling Montbrilliant?

Congrats and wear it well!

btw.can you pls post some more pics from different angle! Is the ring turning or is it stationary?

Edited by Omega Fan

Great purchase.

Perhaps you'd like to write a bigger insight review of this replica, so I could link it to my Omega Guide. You're among the first ones who received this rep.

What you are saying is truly amazing! I really love this watch and will get it very shortly as soon as my dealer gets it!

Until now I thought that at the end of the month I will have one more job to perform but if what you are saying is true then this is great!

Actually isnt this movement exactly the same as in the Breitling Montbrilliant?

Congrats and wear it well!

btw.can you pls post some more pics from different angle! Is the ring turning or is it stationary?

I had a few cheaper watches that required the month to be changed manually, this one does it all.

The ring is stationary.

The movement does seem to be the same one as the Breitling Montbrilliant.

i too am waiting on mine... its been 3 weeks but i suppose i would wait 3 months as long as i dont get a dud sent to me. This Gen watch was the whole reason why i got into the rep world. fingers cross that all will be well. This watch in your photos looks very very good despite lack of AR and serial at rear. These are minor issues IMHO considering my friend has the blue tag link and and blue tag aquaracer (both considered to be titans of the rep world) and the fact their is no AR on these babies does not distract from its beauty. Enjoy the watch champ and may it tick forever ( including mine too :) )

Thanks!

The AR issue doesn't bother me as much as the lack of serial no. On my vacation to the Carribean I had this baby on my wrist. I visited a few shops that had Omegas on display and I was comparing the rep to the gen, simply amazing! Even some of the sales staff complimented me on my watch.

Enjoy your watch! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

got mine - first full day of wearing it.

like it alot - nice and heavy as the gen is - domed crystal (no a/r) - all functions work nicely although it does not appear that the gmt is independant of the hour hand

thought the band was screwed but it is pinned like the gen which is nice but a pain in the ass to adjust. I have the black dial and it is a little tough to see the hands between reflections and at least to me the lack of contrast between the hands and the face

lume sucks - you can see hour/minute hands and the split second hand and that is it.

over all a very nice watch - went by several jewlery stores to see if i could get them to resize the band and none spotted it as a rep.

need to try and get it pressure tested as i would like to be able to shower with out taking it off.

Edited by iflylow78

• 2 weeks later...