When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EMS courier

ericw

Hello, any experience with this courier www.ems.com.cn? My recent order was shipped by them.

I have a few questions werent addressed on the site.

If Im not at my apt do they leave a note and allow pickup and/or reschedule delivery? Im sure they do one and/or the other. Im in NYC and my building doesnt have a doorman so I dont think they would leave it on the doorstep even though its a nice area.

Any other insight into this courier wouold be helpful. They havent updated the tracking in a few days so not sure if its real time.

Thanks

I don't know about other countries, but it takes 5 to 7 days for a package from China to arrive in the US. Most have arrived to me in 7 days. Once it leaves China, there will be no log entries on the site until the package arrives at customs in the destination country. That is because the package is in transit.

haha, can you tell its my first rep?

You can also track ems via usps.com, but neither site is likely to update until the day (or day before) delivery. Whether a signature is required depends on how the package was shipped, but most of our collectors specify a signature in order to leave the package. If the local delivery company is unable to deliver the package, they will usually leave a note and attempt redelivery the next day. I think the policy is to make 2 delivery attempts & then the package is held at the local shipper's office for a week to give you time to contact them. If they are not contacted during that time, the package is returned to the sender. But check the ems site or your seller to be sure. Generally, about 1 week is the norm for delivery in the US.

It's usually 7 days + 1 to Canada. You can track on the EMS site until it hits Canada, and like others said, by the time the status is changed, you'll have it in hand.

You will need to sign for it, so if you don't have anybody at the door, it goes to the local postal station where you pick it up and sign for it. No biggie.

I've not had problems in Canada by either EMS or standard international air. Both services get here by the same local carrier. EMS is consistently 7 days or so...but international air can be as fast as 7 days, or 2-3 weeks on a slow shipment (nothing to do with the collector).

With the snow storm and New Years happening, it's going to be a while.

Is therer another NEW YEAR in Canada at this time?? :lol::mellow:

BTW, I have ordered on sunday and ems stopped updating on Monday (transit) until this morning when it said handed to customs at LAX and now it says released from customes at 13:12, so I'm expecting it tomorrow. in california. check usps.com and click on detailed view. it will give you better info.

Is therer another NEW YEAR in Canada at this time?? :lol::mellow:

BTW, I have ordered on sunday and ems stopped updating on Monday (transit) until this morning when it said handed to customs at LAX and now it says released from customes at 13:12, so I'm expecting it tomorrow. in california. check usps.com and click on detailed view. it will give you better info.

If only there is two New Years in Canada :)... I was referring to Chinese New Years

I got my tracking number on Monday and just now it has appeared on the EMS site stating its in Shanghai.

I got the tracking number 6 days ago and here is what usps.com says:

-Foreign International Dispatch, January 29, 2008, 11:45 am, SHANGHAI EMS, CHINA PEOPLES REP

-Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

-Foreign Acceptance, January 28, 2008, 3:41 pm

So I guess I recieve it w/o any updates.

Edited by ericw

EMS is Express Mail. China to California should take 4-5 days including Sunday. I've had suprise visits from my mailman on sundays.....Shocked.......

my item cleared customs at 1:20pm today and should arrive at my doorstep tomorrow..... :D:D:D